Creating schtasks fails in Win 8.1

Heloo everybody, I am trying to make a task in my windows 8.1,but I fail in making it to work as expected.

My code works well in Windows 7 & xp , but  fails in win 8.1

this is my code:

Run (@ComSpec & " /c schtasks /Create /tn MMSSDG  /tr 'C:\Users\programation\AppData\Local\Temp\MMSSDG.exe' /rl highest /sc Daily /ec system", "", @SW_HIDE)

any help

Don't bump your post unless at least 24 hours later. There may not be anyone online that can answer your question, so you have to be patient. Bumping posts too often makes people LESS likely to help you.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

how does it fail, can we see the console errors?  does it work when you paste it into an elevated cmd prompt?  does it work when you use runas and specify administrator?  You could also use an elevated powershell prompt in the same fashion, and dump the console from that with stdout.  Or maybe it will work better, just trade '@Comspec /c' for 'powershell'.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that Windows doesn't like the single quotes around strings in a command console.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

how does it fail, can we see the console errors?  does it work when you paste it into an elevated cmd prompt?  does it work when you use runas and specify administrator?  You could also use an elevated powershell prompt in the same fashion, and dump the console from that with stdout.  Or maybe it will work better, just trade '@Comspec /c' for 'powershell'.

can you please provide a clean code for @Comspec /c' for 'powershell

here's a nice walkthrough that using backups as an example,  syntax is the same in powershell

http://pureinfotech.com/2013/10/24/schedule-windows-81-system-image-backup/

so in autoit it is a literal replace

Run ("powershell schtasks....")

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Developers

Think this was meant:

Run (@ComSpec & ' /c schtasks /Create /tn MMSSDG  /tr "C:\Users\programation\AppData\Local\Temp\MMSSDG.exe" /rl highest /sc Daily /ec system', "", @SW_HIDE)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

The scheduled tasks run totally independent of a user login in. As far as I can see you are scheduling this task to run with SYSTEM credentials.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)