Can you IniWrite from a Password Textbox/InputBox?

Nope, you've lost me. No clue what an InputBox(), with password masking have in common with writing to a directory.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Nope, you've lost me. No clue what an InputBox(), with password masking have in common with writing to a directory.

Alright so, if you create a simple gui with a password input and set the ES_Style to Password, such as the default one being:

$PasswordEdit = GUICtrlCreateInput("password", 8, 32, 233, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_PASSWORD))

And when you try to read from it, and write to an INI with lets say:

IniWrite("Config.ini","Config","Password",GUICtrlRead($PasswordEdit))

and close the file off and once again reopen it

with (attached with a variable for this sake)

$PassStart = IniRead("Config.ini","Config","password","Default Value")

it will return the value as 1, and I need it not to. Is there a work around for it?

EDIT: Sorry for my poor explanation, I have a habit of assuming people are me and know what I'm trying to accomplish.

Edited by SevereMessage

I just tested and see no error. How questions like this turn out is you haven't provided us with all the information and thus the error is your side and not AutoIt's. My advice, learn how to debug your own code. Failing that if you do want help, perhaps a small reproducer of what you're trying would help your cause.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I just tested and see no error. How questions like this turn out is you haven't provided us with all the information and thus the error is your side and not AutoIt's. My advice, learn how to debug your own code. Failing that if you do want help, perhaps a small reproducer of what you're trying would help your cause.

Wow what the heck, I feel like a complete idiot, not sure what happened, but I restarted my autoit and it's functioning just as it should, consider this issue solved!

Then there is that too. I always test 3 times before posting.

UDF List:

As a curiosity I was dicking around with this...

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <array.au3>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n

Local $gui010 = GUICreate('Ini Test')
Local $inp010 = GUICtrlCreateInput('', 20, 20, 100, 20, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_PASSWORD))
Local $btn010 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Write INI File', 20, 50, 200, 20)
Local $btn020 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display INI File password value', 20, 80, 200, 20)
Local $btn030 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display INI File Using Default Program', 20, 110, 200, 20)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $gui_event_close
            Exit
        case $btn010
            IniWrite(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini","Config","Password",GUICtrlRead($inp010))
        case $btn020
            msgbox($MB_OK,'Password',IniRead(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini","Config","password","Default Value"))
        case $btn030
            shellexecute(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

which works, although I am at a loss for the practicality of this.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

As a curiosity I was dicking around with this...

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <array.au3>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n

Local $gui010 = GUICreate('Ini Test')
Local $inp010 = GUICtrlCreateInput('', 20, 20, 100, 20, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_PASSWORD))
Local $btn010 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Write INI File', 20, 50, 200, 20)
Local $btn020 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display INI File password value', 20, 80, 200, 20)
Local $btn030 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display INI File Using Default Program', 20, 110, 200, 20)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $gui_event_close
            Exit
        case $btn010
            IniWrite(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini","Config","Password",GUICtrlRead($inp010))
        case $btn020
            msgbox($MB_OK,'Password',IniRead(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini","Config","password","Default Value"))
        case $btn030
            shellexecute(@scriptdir & "\Config.ini")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

which works, although I am at a loss for the practicality of this.

kylomas

Eh, essentially it's supposed to hide the password from people around you, if you're in a public place and whatnot.