Please help - How can I get MD5 password

Hi All

Please help me about read MD5 password file, I stored MD5 password in login.txt file. How can I read it? 

Func VerifyLogin($USERNAME,$PASSWORD)
local $x = 1
If $USERNAME ="" or $PASSWORD = "" Then
    MsgBox(0,"ERROR","Please Enter a Username and Password")
    return 0
Else
    Do
        $login = filereadline(@ScriptDir & "\login.txt",$x)
        $string = stringsplit($login,"|")
        IF $string[1] = $username and $string[2] = $password Then
            return 1
            exitloop
        Else
        $x = $x + 1
        Endif
        if $login = "" then
            return 0
            exitloop
        Endif
    until $x = $x + 1
EndIf
EndFunc

Thanks.

@tanbui - hello and welcome.  You should try to use code tags <> when posting to make it easier to read the code.  Also, please try to explain the exact problem that you are having.  When I create a simple text file containing one line: username|password I can read it and see what is contained within the array with the following snippet:

#include<Array.au3>
$login = filereadline(@ScriptDir & "\login.txt")
$string = stringsplit($login,"|")
_ArrayDisplay($string)

Note: I did not use the optional line parameter on filereadline which you had as $x.  No need if there is only one line ... give it a try.  My text file looks like this:

username | password

I called it login.txt and was sure to save it to the same directory as my script.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

MD5 returns a hash, you can't "de-hash" it, you have to create a hash of the entered password and compare the two hashes to see if  they match.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thank everyone...My problem is

I have a program, if you want to use it, you must login with username and password....Otherwise the username and pass will be stored on the root folder of website (ex: http://yoursite.com/login.txt). The structure of login.txt as the same Jfish said above but I will change to MD5 base on actual password ( ex: user1|MD5 password).

How can I read MD5 password in login.txt when login?

Please help me. Thank so much.

It will look funny in its hash form.  @BrewManNH was correct when he explained you can't de-hash it back to a regular string.  It will look all weird like this: þQôãVSŠä…mØ´Üÿ.

If you want to do that then as he explained you would need to compare it in the hash form to a hash version you are storing in the app.  Otherwise, if you want to store it encrypted and then decrypt it back to a regular string then you should use _Crypt_EncryptData()  and _Crypt_DecryptData().

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

You mean: I must convert MD5 to hash after that I will compare it when login right?

Yes, it's the same with the authentication process on a web page.

When an user login, you need to hash the password and compare it with the hash stored in login.txt file.

Use PHP at the server side, send a POST request from the AutoIt application with data to the server and process at the other end using file_get_contents('php //input') to get the POST'ed data. Super trivial to do if you ask.

Oh and using a text document to store usernames and password hashes (without salts) is just plain wrong. The smart solution would be to use a backend database that you can then query. Of course the even smarter solution would be to implement a small backend API, that you can then use with your AutoIt application to querying the database, add to the database etc..

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018