Any help with login script would be great

I've got this login information script and it will not write anything to the INI file that I created in the script location. Any help would be great. Marked other errors I have found dealing with closing of the GUI's with "<<<<<<<<<<"not exactly sure how to fix them, so any help on that would be great as well.

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

Some elements of your script make me (and some others) think that you might just be writing a game-launcher. Please read the Forum rules - particularly the bit about not discussing game interaction - before you post again so that you are aware of what is not permitted here and do not inadvertently break the rules in future.  But as there is no proof that this is what you are doing in your code, this thread remains open.

To understand why both the GUIs keep closing, read the Managing Multiple GUIs tutorial in the Wiki. And you need a backslash in the inifile name to name it correctly:

IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\ChestBotSettings.ini", "username", "username", GUICtrlRead($usernameInput))
Iniwrite(@ScriptDir & "\ChestBotSettings.ini", "password", "password", GUICtrlRead($passwordInput))

Now go and read those rules...

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I've actually wondered about the rules concerning games, as I develop my own java games/private servers and use bots to test certain aspects of them such as drop rates. If I cannot find a bot to test them i normally make them but its been a few years since I have attempted to make one and never anything this fancy.

The / fixed my problem now to learn how to manage multiple GUI's thank you for the help and if you could clarify on the gaming rule it would be greatly appreciated as to not get me banned or unable to be helped.

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

The rule is extremely simple - you may not post in this forum asking for help or discussing "Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game".  Pretty simple to understand - so asking for help test your own games is off limits. Clear now?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Crystal clear, thank you for clearing that up for me and I am sorry that this topic violates that rule as I was under the impression that as long as the EULA/ToS of the application was not violated (which making the application yourself you make the rules for yourself), although it seems as though in my haste to read through the rules to familiarize myself with them I skipped/missed/misread the game one. Again I am sorry for that. Thank you for the help and understanding you have given me in both areas.

Edited by xxaviarxx

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

No problem - the rules are draconian (because the botters kept abusing any less rigourous ones we tried) but the Mods are human (despite some rumours to the contrary) and try to enforce them with a degree of understanding.

However, now you have admitted that this is indeed a game launcher I will close the thread (without prejudice) - see you back soon with a legal question I hope.

M23

Spoiler