AutoitScript and Windows10 Mobile

Probably this question was asked zillion times I am going to ask it one more:

Does AU3 script can run on Windows 10 mobile?

Regards

Windows 10 Mobile is the first attempt by Microsoft to unify their desktop, tablet and phone operating systems into a single OS. As such, Windows 10 on the phone shares many of the same features as its desktop version, including the same kernel, UI elements, menus, Settings, and even Cortana. It will also support Continuum on some, newer smartphones, allowing a desktop like experience by plugging the phone into an external monitor.

Edited by lsakizada

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

AutoIt is a scripting/programming language for Desktop Applications, so I don't think you should run AutoIt on a mobile device. For better choices: http://www.quora.com/What-programming-languages-do-you-need-to-learn-to-get-started-in-mobile-development

Whats the goal you want to reach?

I was thinking to run GUI/EXE files created by Autoit on PC but deployed on Windows 10 mobile. Thats could be very powerful.

According to their ad as I posted above:

"Windows 10 on the phone shares many of the same features as its desktop version,including the same kernel, UI elements, menus, Settings"

Seeing as how the number of Win10 phones is so small, I'm not sure you're going to find many people here that have tried AutoIt on one, so the best bet you have is install it yourself and let us know if it works or not.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

based on what was written above by microsoft 

a. Develop your app on your desktop and compile to exe (so install autoit tooling on your destop pc)

b. run the exe on your windows phone

But I am almost sure you have to do some codesigning stuff and no clue if you can do that just with an exe

@BrewManNH

Microsoft developed the OS so the installer can wipes out Android and installs Windows 10 instead. Read Here

So, Imagine how many Android users will prefer Windows because of ease integration with other Microsoft software, and if Autoit Script can run on that devices then creating Mobile Apps for Windows will be very cool and easy.

Anyway, I do not have Android available now for testing so I will glad to hear from someone else who can share with us that experience.

Edited by lsakizada

• Moderators

First, as someone who manages hundreds of phone users, people don't prefer Windows mobile - period.

Second, if you want to test applications on Android, there are free emulators out there designed to allow you to do just that. Google is your friend. However, as AutoIt is written specifically and exclusively for Windows, any foray into Android will necessitate learning Java.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

First, as someone who manages hundreds of phone users, people don't prefer Windows mobile - period.

Second, if you want to test applications on Android, there are free emulators out there designed to allow you to do just that. Google is your friend. However, as AutoIt is written specifically and exclusively for Windows, any foray into Android will necessitate learning Java.

1) Agree but that's popularity could be changed in the future.

2) The Android emulators cannot help here since (unless you prove it) we need to test installing Windows 10 Mobile on top of Android which I never did it yet and it is a device dependency.

Edited by lsakizada

I believe AutoIt would have to be compiled to run on the phone's processor architecture as it most certainly likely won't be x86 instruction set compatible without some form of emulation.

edit: I suppose they could start manufacturing ia-32/64 processors in phones.  I just am not aware of any.

Edited by spudw2k

Its still an interesting question but after googling around for other languages then .NET on Windows 'Phone visual studio I could not find out.

But people who are urgently looking for an answer can do this

1. Make sure you have Windows 10 Desktop PC

2. On that install all kind of MS tooling including the Windows 10 Phone emulator

3. Build an hello world app and try

As I am working in the mobile field also our target is IOs phones and Android. 

Windows phone out of scope (but as you said that could change).

But even if its possible on above why would million native Windows 10 Visual mobile studio developers switch to AutoIT to develop cool applications if their expertise is Visual Studio?

Its still an interesting question but after googling around for other languages then .NET on Windows 'Phone visual studio I could not find out.

But you can use Cordova/PhoneGap which is basically HTML5/CSS3/JS, so you don't even need to know C#/.NET

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

But even if its possible on above why would million native Windows 10 Visual mobile studio developers switch to AutoIT to develop cool applications if their expertise is Visual Studio?

There is nothing to do about switching development platform, anyone prefer its choices as well as autoit programers.

For autoit programers It will be simple for instance to call node.js services from AU3 UI script.

The development of the UI is easy with autoit scripts including interpreting the response JSON objects (some good libraries already on the forum)

Using the GDIPlus library will make it the coolest UI on Windows 10 mobile.

But, we will see how many Android users will switch to windows in the future so it will motivate developers to develop more mobile apps for windows 10.

Mean time I will wait until someone will test it and post its observation.

• 3 years later...
  • Developers
2 hours ago, Xerori said:

I get tons of errors after obfuscation (not declared variables),

Which Obfucator are you talking about?
... and what is the link with the thread from 2015 you decided to add this post to?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Still totally unclear what you are referring to as I don't see any reference in this thread to anu obfuscator.....right?

So again:

6 hours ago, Jos said:

Which Obfucator are you talking about?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

mmm ....  that is a special answer with a special tone.
So checked a little further and found you got 2 times banned before ..... right?   So why are you trying again?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.