I was not able to get the autorecorder window

Hi, 

I downloaded the autoIt latest version from below link and installed windowsserver 2012R2.

Scenario1: 

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Steps:

1. Ran the exe

2. open and saved the autoit file

3. I dint find the option in tools for "AU3 Recorder"

Scenario2: 

I downloaded the autoIt latest version from below link and installed windows 8.1 client

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Steps: 

1. Ran the exe

2. open and saved the autoit file

3. I dint find the option in tools for "AU3 Recorder"

4. When click on the option i was expecting the popup recorder window unfortunately nothing came up.

Please let me know what I need to do?

1. Does it support these windows version or not?

2. Have I missed any steps?

Thanks

Untitled.png

Why anyone uses Au3Recorder and not do it themselves is beyond me. Anyway, it was removed in the latest version, see here.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi,

Sorry, I don't think you can comment something like this if anyone ask the question, if you are not interested to answer, please don't. I'm very new to auto It, I used long back with selenium in 2013, it worked for me. Currently I'm evaluating different tool for automating desktop ERP product. I felt to record and check if this will work as I have very less time to code.

I read your article that I have read already before the post. I wanted to know why is that I'm not able to launch the recorder. Anything, that I have missed. I downloaded the zip file, that dint solve my problem.

If its removed in latest, please let me know which version can I find so that I can do my POC(proof of concept)

If anyone can guide me, its appreciated.

Thanks.

• Developers

Hi,

Sorry, I don't think you can comment something like this if anyone ask the question, if you are not interested to answer, please don't.

As you see, yes it is possible and honestly there is nothing wrong in that answer, although you may not like every part of it, he did answer your question... right?

As to it not showing up in the tools: It will when you use the Full SciTE4Autoit3 installer when you have a file open with an .au3 file extension. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Preethi: see also this as I feel AutoIt with that IUIautomation stuff can handle any ERP/Desktop application

and with simplespy you get some code as a reference.

Regarding your need for a record and playback functionality I have not found one last 10-15 years that is doing a decent record which immediately can playback without a lot of rework so if you find one please let me know then I will put on my TODO list of simplespy to make a decent recorder.