Screensaver pic

stev379

I have an AutoIT GUI with a certain pic of my desktop. I'd like to do one of two things and would like the experts opinions on the best possible choice.

1) Create a screensaver of the desktop pic (in which case I need an app to create an .scr file...unless you all know a way to create an .scr without a third party app).

OR

2) Write the GUI script such that it will block all input (one should not be able to CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to Task Mgr and end the script process), but will allow me to unlock it with a password perhaps with a hotkey to bring up a password prompt...(not sure how to go about that just yet). Basically the same as Windows does when you lock the system and the screensaver starts.

...I hope there isn't a really simple answer for this I've missed. B)

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at this Topic

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Just compile and rename to a .scr (.scr are just renamed .exe's :graduated: ) then rightclick on it and select "Install".

In your script you can use $CmdLineRaw to check if the Config button or what is pressed.

Just use the following script, compile it and rename to .scr:

MsgBox(0,"",$CmdLineRaw)

Now install it and do some things like clicking Config then a MsgBox will been show with de parameters.

So, when you press Config and it show:

/config

/cofing means that config is pressed so:

If $CmdLineRaw = "/config" Then
;pressed config
ElseIf $CmdLineRaw = "/preview"
;preview code
EndIf

This is only a example, i think /config is not the right parameter but i have no time to test it at the moment B) .

Just check it with the first code.

(This one:)

MsgBox(0,"",$CmdLineRaw)

Hope it help you :o .

Sorry for my English, I'm Dutch... =DMedia UDFINet Adv UDF

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry so late with the reply. Got hung up with other tasks.

Anywho, I had forgotten to install the desktop.bmp file in my original attempt where I had tried renaming the .exe to .scr. When it was suggested above that I rename the .exe to an .scr, I retraced my steps and realized the FileInstall mistake I made.

This does just was I want.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

FileInstall("Desktop.bmp", "C:\Windows")

$MainGUI = GUICreate("",@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight,0,0,$WS_POPUP,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$Desktop = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Windows\Desktop.bmp",0,0,@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight)
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate");disabled if BlockInput is enabled

GUISetState()

GUISetState()
BlockInput(1)

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func Terminate();disabled if BlockInput is enabled
    Exit 0
EndFunc

BlockInput(0)

BigDod,

Thanks for the topic suggestion and link. I'm reviewing it for possible use and find it pretty interesting.

Thanks all!!