Programmable text editor for AutoIt

Hi all,

We all know that we can customize Notepad++ with python, BackEdit with VBscript, FaMe with Lua. (Info form this link)

But is there any text editor which we can customize with AutoIt ?. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@JohnOne , But i thought that scite is customizable with lua.If it is possible, can i get an example, if you don't mind ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Developers

SciTE can be automated by any language as it accept messages on the director interface.

Example:

;
SendSciTE_Command("goto:,0")
SendSciTE_Command("insert:" & "Your text to insert at cursor replacing possible selected text.")
;
;
Func SendSciTE_Command($sCmd)
    Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1)
    ; Get SciTE DirectorHandle
    $SciTE_hwnd = WinGetHandle("DirectorExtension")
    Local $WM_COPYDATA = 74
    Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[' & StringLen($sCmd) + 1 & ']')
    DllStructSetData($CmdStruct, 1, $sCmd)
    Local $COPYDATA = DllStructCreate('Ptr;DWord;Ptr')
    DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 1, 1)
    DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 2, StringLen($sCmd) + 1)
    DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 3, DllStructGetPtr($CmdStruct))
    DllCall('User32.dll', 'None', 'SendMessage', 'HWnd', $SciTE_hwnd, _
            'Int', $WM_COPYDATA, 'HWnd', 0, _
            'Ptr', DllStructGetPtr($COPYDATA))
EndFunc   ;==>SendSciTE_Command

I have used this in AutoIt3Wrapper, Tidy and Au4Stripper.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos , Thank you. That is a nice function. Where can i get more info about these Commands ?. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile has the basics and there are several examples in the forum how to use this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a SciTE UDF in SciTE Jump

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks @Jos And @guinness . Let me check. :)

@guinness, OMG.. it is really a treasure for a learner. Thanks a lot.  :)

But i think, it lacks proper documentation. I mean no function header. 

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

Welcome to the club of "your will not be spoon fed and have to sort out the shit yourself!" ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Exactly what Jos said. This was designed only for me and not for public use. Anyway, I have made it as simple as possible.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

@guinness , Oh then that is the meaning of Jos's comment. Anyway, that UDF is a text book for me to study. Thanks for it. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

It's not so difficult to use, look at post #9 here >> https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/155563-move-to-another-line-in-scite/

#include '_SciTE.au3'

_SciTE_Startup()
ConsoleWrite(_SciTE_GetCurrentFile())
_SciTE_Shutdown()

OR download the help file sources in the AutoIt beta directory and find SciTELib.au3. That's a different variation of the library I wrote for building the help docs. 

UDF List:

@guinness , Thanks for this example. At first i tested it without the startup and shutdown function. And got the result 0. And the another moment, i see you the above comment. 

Edit : I can't get your point.

\\"OR download the help file sources in the AutoIt beta directory and find SciTELib.au3. That's a different variation of the library I wrote for building the help docs. "//

What do you mean by AutoIt beta directory ? You mean, i need to install autoit beta and find SciTELib.au3 in my PC ? OR does this SciTELib.au3 file locating in AutoIt downloads ?

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

No. Go to the AutoIt download page on the main site and then find the link to the beta directory. The Zip file has docs in the name.

UDF List:

@guinness I have downloaded this file and find SciTELib.au3

000092.jpg

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

I think Scintella is excellently documented for example over here http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html

So if you learn in AutoIT how to do sendmessage stuff its not very difficult and scite.udf can indeed be a teacherdocument

see also source of ISN AutoIT studio  http://www.isnetwork.at/index.php/2011-10-17-08-51-43

Edited by junkew
reference to ISN AutoIT studio

@junkew , Wow..  Lot of informations in that link. Need to read it slowly. Thank you. :) And yes, i need to study more about the sendmesage stuff. 

I think ISN Studio is little bit complex  than Yashied's SciTE. I have asked yashied for it's source. 

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions