Automate Adobe Acrobat

I am BRAND new to Autoit......in fact, experiencing install problems....that is a whole different can of worms.

But I have several thousand PDF files,

I can manually use keyboard and mouse to open each file and "Optimize" it ( Acrobat internal function to compress by 5x+/-)

Then save the file with a modified name = original name &"O"

I'm hoping to develop an Autoit script to loop through each file in a folder and Optimize it/save it

Has anybody done it already?

• Developers

@my911, Please check the forum purpose before posting as you made this post in the Examples forum and it is clearly a support request.
Moved.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

As much as I am for scripting all things possible, sometimes the manual route is just easier if you are only doing it once. In the optimization wizard in Acrobat there is an option to add multiple files. Click on Multiple files, Add Files, browse to the folder, CTRL+A, Open. Bob's your uncle, you're done.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

As much as I am for scripting all things possible, sometimes the manual route is just easier if you are only doing it once. In the optimization wizard in Acrobat there is an option to add multiple files. Click on Multiple files, Add Files, browse to the folder, CTRL+A, Open. Bob's your uncle, you're done.

Thanks for the reply. The situation involves optimizing about 30-50 files each month; recurring.

My version of Adobe Acrobat (9.5) has an Optimize command with a number of parameters

but no provision for addressing multiple files,

There is a cryptic provision for doing Java Scripts, but I prefer to learn something with wider utlilty.

Unfortunately I am having install problems with Autoit.....the notice about a new command in the right-click NEW submenu doea not show up. I was expecting some sort of IDE with editor/step/run/etc.

My original post was in the Sample Code area thinking that someone might have already done it.

In the meantime I am limping along and trying to check out the command/syntax  and do some developmental coding.

All help will be appreciated.

Acrobat Optimize.docx

Acrobat 9_5 Javascript.docx

Edited by my911
to include pics

@my911, Please check the forum purpose before posting as you made this post in the Examples forum and it is clearly a support request.
Moved.

Jos

Jos,

Thanks for the reply.

Scusi.

I tried examples in hopes that someone already did it.

What did your search results turn up?

I checked my "Activity" and found several posts, but mostly about Forum procedures.

The PDF automation is one thing.

Getting Autoit properly installed is more urgent.

I'll start a new topic here....Support

Thanks for the help.

Cancel the "new topic" comment.

I used a utility named rggeditfix...or something....and the mising command now shows.

So, I'm off to experiment and start building/joining scripts.

The only comment so far is that when I right click a new script to edit it, the display does not look like the image in the tutorial....no line numbers....no colors...etc

Maybe a matter of settings?

Acrobat Optimize.docx

Acrobat 9_5 Javascript.docx

Edited by my911