New to AutoIt: Need Help!

• Moderators

you look at

While / Wend - MouseClick() - and _IsPressed or Send() for the single key

Note: _IsPressed is a Beta UDF... The others you'll be able to find in the ever precious Help File of AutoIt, probably the closest thing thus far to a tutorial with working examples on each function.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

With a While you'll use ExitLoop or HotKey... Do / Until a certain criteria you set becomes true - For / Next... the number of times you wanted to go through the command.

Edit:

If you look at HotKeySet in the help file, something like Pause or Terminate, you could use for any part of your script or any loop. Most of us use them at some point in our scripts, and some of us always.

Edited by ronsrules

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ah, I didn't even do a hotkey since I'm not familiar with that, I just resorted to click on the taskbar icon to end the loop. :-P

Anyway, since I already know JAVA and in that language, they also have for, do-while, and while loops. I figure I would just do a infinite loop with a do loop.

My first program!

MouseClick("left", 600, 500, 1)

$count = 1
Do
    Send("s")
;Sleep(200)

$count = $count + 1  
Until $count < 0

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by sgmailer

Welcome to the forums!

Your script can also be written this way (anything not equal to 0 can be interpreted as a True Boolean, which you would be familiar with given your Java experience):

MouseClick('', 600, 500)
While 1
    Send('s')
   ; Sleep(200)
WEnd