AutoIT recorder won't run

joes

I have Installed AutoIT on Windows 7 computer.  I also installed latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3.

When launching the recorder, the recorder does not load.  Tried ALT-F6 and from menu | Tools | AU3Recorder

Here is the message:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3"  /AU3record
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.3033

Installed the same version on Win 10 computer, it works fine.   In Win 10, when launching the recorder, the first line of the message appears.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe..............

When I exit the recorder, it shows the following

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.3033

It seems the recorder was loaded and immediately unloaded.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What am I missing?

• Developers

please read the last Autoit3 release announcement ... or you could also have missed the search button on the forum. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, as a complete noob (2 days), I'm seeing the exact same error as reported by the OP. I have looked at the release notes for the latest version (v3.3.14.2) as advised, I also referred to the autoit_changelog.txt. I couldn't find any direct reference to AU3recorder issue mentioned above. I have installed both AutoIt(v3.3.14.2) and SciTE4AutoIt3(3.6.0) on a 32-bit Win7. Any tips as to what I am missing?

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3"  /AU3record
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.4306

• Developers

Doesn't it say something about being removed?

.. and isn't there a sticky in the forum about it explaining a little more? ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hey Jos, I appreciate you getting back. It's clear that you are well informed about how the forums here work and also being a developer on the project (by the looks of your avatar) you are gonna be highly knowledgeable. I'm just asking for a little help here. AlI can see in the autoit_changelog is:

Au3Record:

• Fixed #2083: There is no longer an error about a missing DLL.
  • Fixed #2337: Support of non english keyboard.

Nothing about removing or fixing anything AU3Recorder based. I've had a quick look for the sticky your are referring to, but there are a whole bunch of forum sections and its not obvious to someone who just joined recently and is using AutoIt for the first time. I'll continue to look for the information you are referring to, in the meantime any help is appreciated! Cheers

So to summarise for anyone else looking at this on a fresh install, download autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/ and extract AU3Recorder\ from autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip\install\Extras\ and place in your 3.3.14.2 installation folder e.g. C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Extras.

Thanks for the direction Jos, just took a while to work out what the hell was going on!

Might be useful for the /AU3record option passed to AutoIt3.exe to exit as a non-zero and provide some info to say what's missing from the installation?