new _filewritetoline func wonky in latest version?

Hey guys,

Before i start. Ive already searched on this topic and found a few related links with other people also having issues with this. I didnt wish to necro those threads so im starting my own one.

I apologize in advance if this is not the right thing to do.

So, as most of you are probably aware, the _filewritetoline func has...changed? All of my scripts running the older version of autoit have been broken due to the changes here, even the help file example for _filewritetoline doesnt work...

So my question is, is this being changed/fixed before i go ahead and update a bunch of my scripts?

PS: the older version was better :)

Thank you.

It works in the latest version, so don't know what is broken.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yerp.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Really? How can you write to a line if a line doesn't exist? That's the whole purpose of the function.

UDF List:

Old version? Define "old version".

UDF List:

Thanks. That does help me more than "old version". What happens if you read the file simply using FileReadToArray()? OR if you post a small reproducer i.e. code so I can test and come up with a workaround.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Thanks. That does help me more than "old version". What happens if you read the file simply using FileReadToArray()? OR if you post a small reproducer i.e. code so I can test and come up with a workaround.

Yeah sorry about that.

Ive made a work around. Ive copied the _filewritetoline func from file.au3 from version 3.3.8.1, and replaced the latest versions _filewritetoline func with it

Everything works good now.

Edit: Incase you're interested, here is the code for the old and new version of the function:

OLD:

Func _FileWriteToLine($sFile, $iLine, $sText, $fOverWrite = 0)
    If $iLine <= 0 Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    If Not IsString($sText) Then
        $sText = String($sText)
        If $sText = "" Then Return SetError(6, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    If $fOverWrite <> 0 And $fOverWrite <> 1 Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0)
    If Not FileExists($sFile) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Local $sRead_File = FileRead($sFile)
    Local $aSplit_File = StringSplit(StringStripCR($sRead_File), @LF)
    If UBound($aSplit_File) < $iLine Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $iEncoding = FileGetEncoding($sFile)
    Local $hFile = FileOpen($sFile, $iEncoding + $FO_OVERWRITE)
    If $hFile = -1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)

$sRead_File = ""

For $i = 1 To $aSplit_File[0]
        If $i = $iLine Then
            If $fOverWrite = 1 Then
                If $sText <> '' Then $sRead_File &= $sText & @CRLF
            Else
                $sRead_File &= $sText & @CRLF & $aSplit_File[$i] & @CRLF
            EndIf
        ElseIf $i < $aSplit_File[0] Then
            $sRead_File &= $aSplit_File[$i] & @CRLF
        ElseIf $i = $aSplit_File[0] Then
            $sRead_File &= $aSplit_File[$i]
        EndIf
    Next

FileWrite($hFile, $sRead_File)
    FileClose($hFile)

Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_FileWriteToLine

NEW:

Func _FileWriteToLine($sFilePath, $iLine, $sText, $bOverWrite = False)
    If $iLine <= 0 Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    If Not IsString($sText) Then
        $sText = String($sText)
        If $sText = "" Then Return SetError(6, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    If $bOverWrite = Default Then $bOverWrite = False
    If Not (IsBool($bOverWrite) Or $bOverWrite = 0 Or $bOverWrite = 1) Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0) ; For old versions.
    If Not FileExists($sFilePath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Local $aArray = FileReadToArray($sFilePath)
    Local $iUBound = UBound($aArray) - 1
    If ($iUBound + 1) < $iLine Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, FileGetEncoding($sFilePath) + $FO_OVERWRITE)
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)

Local $sData = ""
    $iLine -= 1 ; Now the array is 0-based, so reduce the line number by 1.
    For $i = 0 To $iUBound
        If $i = $iLine Then
            If $bOverWrite Then
                If $sText Then $sData &= $sText & @CRLF
            Else
                $sData &= $sText & @CRLF & $aArray[$i] & @CRLF
            EndIf
        ElseIf $i < $iUBound Then
            $sData &= $aArray[$i] & @CRLF
        ElseIf $i = $iUBound Then
            $sData &= $aArray[$i]
        EndIf
    Next

FileWrite($hFileOpen, $sData)
    FileClose($hFileOpen)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_FileWriteToLine

Edited by Realistphill

Fine. Not exactly what  I was asking though.

UDF List:

*sigh* It doesn't work because it assumes you have a file in C:\temp with more than three lines. Though I agree the example should work "off the bat", you're still relying on a bug in the old function. If you won't help me then I can't help you.

I am declaring as no bug.

UDF List:

#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the filepath that will be read/written to.
    Local Const $sFilePath = _WinAPI_GetTempFileName(@TempDir)

; Create data to be written to the file.
    Local $sData = "Line 1: This is an example of using _FileWriteToLine()" & @CRLF & _
            "Line 2: This is an example of using _FileWriteToLine()" & @CRLF & _
            "Line 3: This is an example of using _FileWriteToLine()" & @CRLF & _
            "Line 4: This is an example of using _FileWriteToLine()" & @CRLF & _
            "Line 5: This is an example of using _FileWriteToLine()" & @CRLF

; Create a temporary file to read data from.
    If Not FileWrite($sFilePath, $sData) Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred whilst writing the temporary file.")
        Return False
    EndIf

; Write to line 3 with overwriting set to true.
    _FileWriteToLine($sFilePath, 3, "Line 3: THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED", True)

; Read the contents of the file using the filepath.
    Local $sFileRead = FileRead($sFilePath)

; Display the contents of the file.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Contents of the file:" & @CRLF & $sFileRead)

; Write to line 3 with overwriting set to false.
    _FileWriteToLine($sFilePath, 3, "Line 3: THIS HAS BEEN INSERTED", False)

; Read the contents of the file using the filepath.
    $sFileRead = FileRead($sFilePath)

; Display the contents of the file.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Contents of the file:" & @CRLF & $sFileRead)

; Delete the temporary file.
    FileDelete($sFilePath)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

If it makes you feel better, I did propose a new version which is being worked, in which a line can be inserted even it it doesn't exist. Though this will be in the next version of AutoIt.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

If Not (IsBool($bOverWrite) Or $bOverWrite = 0 Or $bOverWrite = 1) Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0) ; For old versions.

What the fuck? :lol:

That has to be one of the most ridiculous lines of code I've ever seen in a standard UDF.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

So you could do better?

UDF List: