Is it possible to get the object of "Open" or "Save As" window

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the object of a "Open" or "Save As" window. I have tested with the ObjGet function, but didn't get a result. And error number is something like this -245404447. All i need to navigate a specific folder from this "Open" or "Save As" window. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

The Obj* functions do not automate the GUI, they use COM to access methods and properties of the application.
Which application do you try to automate?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Oh then the FileOpenDialogue windows are not a part of Shell.Application object. I thought that, i can connect it with COM. You mean those windows are only the part of the parent programs. Anyway, i have tried with Google Chrome's Save As window. I need to save all jpeg files to a dedicated folder. So i have made a script. It will start as soon as the Save As window opens. And suddenly rename the jpeg file with a dedicated uniqe name. But i can't navigate the dedicated folder then. That is my problem.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Do I understand you correctly that you want to

• wait until the user opens the Save As dialog
  • When the user saves a jpeg file then rename it
  • Save it to another folder

But I might be wrong. From your OP it is not really clear what you want to do.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes @water , That is what i want. And in your list, only the last thing is difficult for me. 

@junkew , Thank you. Let me check it with simple spy. :)

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Can you please post your code so we can play a bit?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@KCVINU: Did you try to just enter your foldername in the file textbox.
That textbox itself is directly recognized whereas the listbox controls and treeview controls are only reachable with IUIAutomation.

But in your case it seems just that you have to enter <path><filename>.jpg in the file textbox.

That easily can be done with controlsettext function of AutoIT

[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1] seems to be the recognition pattern (at least from Chrome save as)

based on

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ControlSetText.htm

you should get something like

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Wait 10 seconds for the save as window to appear.
    Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 10)

; Set the edit control in save as with some text. The handle returned by WinWait is used for the "title" parameter of ControlSetText.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "%temp%\myfile.jpg")

; Retrieve the text of the edit control in Notepad. The handle returned by WinWait is used for the "title" parameter of ControlGetText.
   ; Local $sText = ControlGetText($hWnd, "", "Edit1")

; Display the text of the edit control.
;    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The text in Edit1 is: " & $sText)

; Close the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
;    WinClose($hWnd)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Edited by junkew

@water , this is my code. 

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    if _IsPressed("1B") Then ; Press esc for off
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    If WinExists("Save As") Then

Local $wintxt = ControlGetText("Save As", "", 1001) ; Text from Chrome's save as window
        If StringRegExp($wintxt, "unnamed") And StringLen($wintxt) <= 7 Then ; if there is an unnamed file
            WinActivate("Save As")
            Local $Current_time = _Now() ; Setting present time to a variable
            Local $DediCated_FileName = StringReplace($Current_time, ":", "-") ; Replaces all ':' s
            ControlSetText("Save As", $wintxt, 1001, $DediCated_FileName) ; Set the new filename
            Send("{END}s")

EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Exit

In this code i didn't try to change the folder path, because i don't know how to do it. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

I haven't tried it but you simply would prepend the path. Example:

ControlSetText("Save As", $wintxt, 1001, "C:\temp\ & $DediCated_FileName) ; Set the new path and filename

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@junkew,  That's good idea. I don't even think abt that

Spoiler

My Contributions

@water Yes. That's what junkew too said. Let me try that. Thanks @water and thanks @junkew

Spoiler

My Contributions

@KCVINU: I used #32770 as AU3Inf did not get the text from the save as window. So in your winexists you should check on special definition 

winexists("[CLASS:#32770]")

similar for winactivate

ControlSetText("Save As", $wintxt, 1001, $DediCated_FileName) ; Set the new filenam

change to

ControlSetText("Save As", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $DediCated_FileName) ; Set the new filenam

@junkew , Ok. using classname instead of control ID. OK got it. Let me check it. Thanks a lot. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions