Question about AcidicWoW (bot)

(Anyone who have Acidic source code)

How does life/mana check function works? What AutoIts function does it use?

Later:

Thanks to =sinister= I've got the source code of this bot and I modified life checking function, so it works perfect for me.

Tested on:

-1280x1024 resolution.

-WoW 1.7.0 in window mode without UI (like GypsyMod).

So here it is:

Func LifeValue()
 $lifespot = 209
 $lifepercent = 100
 While $lifespot >= 94
  If PixelGetColor($lifespot, 81) >= 6912 And PixelGetColor($lifespot, 81) <= 45312 Then
   $life = $lifepercent
   ExitLoop
  EndIf
  $lifespot = $lifespot - 1.15
  $lifepercent = $lifepercent - 1
  If $lifepercent <= 0 Then
   $life = 0
   ExitLoop
  EndIf
 WEnd
 Return $life
EndFunc

Func ManaValue()
 $manaspot = 209
 $manapercent = 100
 While $manaspot >= 94
  If PixelGetColor($manaspot, 92) >= 69 And PixelGetColor($manaspot, 92) <= 180 Then
   $mana = $manapercent
   ExitLoop
  EndIf
  $manaspot = $manaspot - 1.15
  $manapercent = $manapercent - 1
  If $manapercent <= 0 Then
   $mana = 0
   ExitLoop
  EndIf
 Wend
 Return $mana
EndFunc

If anyone had same problem as I, here is the solution. B)

Moderators/Admins could your move this post to "v3 Scripts and Scraps" it'll fit there more than here.

Edited by fastnick1oo
SciTE - much better than notepad. ; ]

are u trying to make a World of warcraft bot? the latest version now is 1.8.x so maybe making a bot on that version might be helpful. also nice health regen and mana gen since we want the bot not dying while it grinds. what are u gonna do about the skills and stuff and also what class is it gonna be for?

• 3 months later...

"Just a word of warning, if you run any script compiled by AutoIt when playing WoW on a real Blizzard server, the Warden will ban your account for botting."

And thats based on?

Seems alot of ppl run autoit created scripts in wow perfectly fine.

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

Forgot to note, what "if" someone were running a perfectly legal program (made in autoit) that has nothing to do with macroing and so on and dont have anything to do with wow at all. You wouldnt even know the thing was made in autoit so i hardly think blizz would "ban" anyone just because they have an .exe made in autoit. You could probably easily win a lawsuit because they cant prove that you were running a macro when you werent.

So therefor i doubt that _any_ script made in autoit and compiled to an .exe would get you banned. But hey, enlighten me :lmao:

For all i know you could be sitting on a irc client made in autoit, while playing wow. You could have a program checking weather etc, made in autoit, without even knowing it.

Found this note:

According to a Web site for open-source developers of such "'bots," Hoglund reported in one of its private forums that The Warden's behavior had apparently changed from what had previously been observed. Instead of looking for particular game-hacking programs, The Warden looks through all open Windows processes, searching for window titles with particular names: usually the names of known bots, which are often prefixed with the characters WoW!. Comparing Blizzard to the Gestapo, Hoglund suspected that the information being collected through this method was being passed on to Blizzard's server, and may result in Blizzard banning the 'bot character.

According to above it checks thru windows, looking for certain characters. I personally have no clue what Warden and does and does not do. But i highly doubt it would kick you out just because you are running something made in autoit. Like i said above it could be anything.

Edited by huldu

Well I haven't personally verified this (because that would mean running an AutoIt script and getting my account banned) but it is known the Warden does checksums on running processes, looking for known patterns. Supposedly one of the things they check for is the AutoIt interpreter. Of course they could also check for the AutoIt window classname, but I digress.

I also expressed disbelief at this fact, since as everyone knows there are plenty of non-botting AutoIt scripts out there, and I would be pissed if I got banned for running one of my many custom scripts that have nothing to do with WoW. I was assured this was indeed the case, apparently Blizzard doesn't seem to care. If you want to risk your account and report back to us, I'm all ears! It could also be possible that this merely flags your account for closer inspection and prompts the GMs to give you a whisper/check up on you.

I dont play wow anymore however. Personally i couldnt really "care" if its possible or not, its highly unlikely that warden would get you banned just because you are running a program made in autoit thats my argument. Because from all that we know you could be running ANYTHING without even knowing if it was made in autoit or not. Doesnt even haveto be a macro, could be anything.. thats the point :o

Most likely is that it checks windows, if the person uses "wow" in the title blizzard have full reason to suspect something is going on. But then again just having "wrong" IE window up could trigger anything we have no idea about. If a third party hand got in between of the warden and the client, bad stuff could happen. Blizzard is breaking privacy using something like warden in the first place. It really doesnt matter what they write in their agreement about what the warden does and so on, its wrong in the first place.

This however is the problem, if a small company would have done it they would have hade huge amount of pressure to cancel it, but when its blizzard a huge company, could easily get away with it. Fun fun.

This is evil thinking but i really hope something goes wrong with warden and something bad happens, that would just be priceless.