How to write a registry entry when Windows Media Player is not running?

HotKeySet("^``", "toggle_media_controls") ; Ctrl + `

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

If Not ProcessExists("wmplayer.exe") And RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled") = 1 Then
    ; Disable autohide controls
    RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "0")
EndIf

Func toggle_media_controls()
    Local $sVar = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled")

If ProcessExists("wmplayer.exe") Then
        If $sVar = 0 Then
            ; Enable autohide controls
            RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "1")
        Else
            RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "0")
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

How do I amend this code so that without pressing a hotkey, after Windows Media Player is not running, the regkey above is set to 0?

My function and hotkey all work without issue

Use ProcessWaitClose

Thanks - how would I amend my code to use ProcessWaitClose? Do I need to create a new function? This is the section of code I've tried changing but when closing Windows Media Player, the registry key isn't being changed from 1 to 0.

If Not ProcessExists("wmplayer.exe") And RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled") = 1 Then
EndIf

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

EndIf

Local $sVar = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled")

If $sVar = 0 Then
            RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "1")
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

i think that in that script even when you close  windows media player the commands below wend wouldnt be executed because of the loop

so change the loop like this:

While 1
 If not ProcessExists("wmplayer.exe") then exitloop ;this is required to jump out of the loop to execute the next commands
WEnd

EndIf

If $sVar = 0 Then
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

@ Surya: thanks, this semi works.

The script doesn't run unless Windows Media Player is running. Once you get the script running, it closes when Windows Media Player is closed. Any way to fix these 2 things and have the script running/polling all the time so each time I open/close Windows Media Player, the script does its thing?

here it is further modified:

While 1
Else
EndIf
WEnd
Exit

If that doesnt suite your needs feel free to ask for another

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

Modified slightly so now works - thanks!

While 1
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

I know it is solved, but like I said, you can also use ProcessWaitClose :

While 1
    ProcessWaitClose("wmplayer.exe")
    If RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled") = 1 Then RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "HoverTransportsEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "0")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd