Autoit3Wrapper character encoding problem

kyo

Greetings!

I seem to be having problems with the latest version (provided with 3.3.14.1) of Autoit3Wrapper.

Autoit3Wrapper seems to change the encoding of my source file whenever I change an option it Autoit3Wrapper.

Example before:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=some_icon_whatever.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Display a simple messagebox in french

MsgBox(64,"Testing 1-2-3","This is a sample message box with text in french:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Problème avec les caractères accentués." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "End of french text")

Example after changing an option in Autoit3Wrapper:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=some_icon_whatever.ico
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Display a simple messagebox in french

MsgBox(64,"Testing 1-2-3","This is a sample message box with text in french:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Problème avec les caractères accentués." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "End of french text")

As you can see, I just removed the "UseUPX" option, and all accented characters are modified, making the program unusable now.

I think that this may be related to the problem reported by @Blumi in his post "Changed in Germen "umlaute" after compiling", as the source file is also modified after compiling - Autoit3Wrapper is executed at that time too.

Or this might be related (but I very much doubt it) to the new problem with SciTE in which word selection now stops at accented characters, and not whitespace characters anymore.

Example:

If I want to select the word "opération", it would either select "op" if I double-click on the beginning of the word, or "ration" if I double-click on the end of the word.  It used to work just fine, but now it doesn't.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong somewhere...

Thanks for any insight anyone can have on this!

Edited by kyo
Precisions...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

What are the original file encoding setting and what are the result file encoding settings so I can have a look?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

hello, i'm french and i'm having the same problem but only when i do a compile with options

in scite i have set the page to UTF8, but each time i open my file the setting is back to Code page property

so i have to set it again to utf8...

i'm with : autoit v3.3.14.1 and SciTE4AutoIt3.exe from 29-7-2015

Edited by cetipabo

• Developers

UTF8 with or without bom?

Which versionnumber are you using of AutoIt3Wrapper?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

In my case it was :

script in encoded in Code page property or UTF8 after Autoit3Wrapper become UTF8 encoded, but encode-selector in Scite always dropped to Code page property. Now, if i change encode-selector in Scite to any UTF8 - non-egnlish texts get restored. This dos not happen with UTF16 encoded scripts

• Developers

There is an automatic detection in SciTE in case the file contains special ANSI characters, else it defaults to UTF8 modde without BOM these days.
I need a file that has this behaviour as my files all work fine till now. Can somebody PM me one?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

sorry jos,

you can reproduce this problem by creating an blank autoit file and copy the code in the first post of this topic.

set the file encoding to utf8 and save the file.

Now reopen the file, the accents are gone and replaced with è

and if you check the page encoding setting, it is also back to Code page property

test.au3

• Developers

I did and have no problems:

Full SciTE 3.6.0 and AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.729.1555.

SciTE should already be in UTF8 wo Bom mode as that is the default now and pasting the above into an ANSI file and then changing to encoding would indeed potentially screw up the above 127 Ascii characters. Try making the file first utf8 before posting the code.

Above it is also mentioned that Ctrl+F7 causes issues but have not been able to replicate that so please tell me the exact steps to take to see it as well.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

sorry if i don't understand very well...

so here is what i'm doing step by step:

1) right click in a folder to create a new blank autoit file

2) i open this file and i check the encoding (FILE>ENCODING>), it is set by default to : Code page property

3) i change it to UTF8 wo bom

4) i copy paste the code containing accents

5) i save the file and i close it

6) i open the file, now the encoding is set to : Code page property and the accents are replaced by the weird characters

I'm using the latest autoit : v3.3.14.1 and the latest AutoIt Script Editor from your site here : https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

which  says : SciTE Version 3.5.4     May 17 2015 16:32:11

Edited by cetipabo

• Developers

I am using the current Beta SciTE 3.6.0, but don't think that should be different.

When you create a file like you did and open it with SciTE, it should show UTF8 for the encoding unless you have made changes to the Model file used when creating the new file.
Have you done that?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

What file encoding does SciTE show when you click on the SciTE "New" file icon?

Edit: Please try the current SciTE beta version 3.6.0 to see if that works for you.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.