KODA FormDesigner ver 1.3

lookfar

I have a feeling that this may be a stupid question, but I have not been able to find out on my own.

Where can I find Koda? All I can see at http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/index.html is AutoEd, and this doesn't look to be the same thing.

I am sorry if there is something obvious that I missed.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that this may be a stupid question, but I have not been able to find out on my own.

Where can I find Koda? All I can see at http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/index.html is AutoEd, and this doesn't look to be the same thing.

I am sorry if there is something obvious that I missed.

Look again, Koda used to be called "Form Designer". At any rate the link to the ZIP file is :http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/Koda.zip

B)

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Koda has now been included in SciTe4AutoIt3 installer and resides in directory Scite\Koda

We will continue updating Koda as usual and if you prefer to have Koda under Scite then just unzip the updated Koda into that folder. Of course you can still use Koda stand alone if that is your preference.

@catchfish : bug when no form name present has been fixed.

fixed also menu shortcut keys F9 and F10 keys (codewindow, run autoit)

Koda has now been included in SciTe4AutoIt3 installer and resides in directory Scite\Koda

We will continue updating Koda as usual and if you prefer to have Koda under Scite then just unzip the updated Koda into that folder. Of course you can still use Koda stand alone if that is your preference.

@catchfish : bug when no form name present has been fixed.

fixed also menu shortcut keys F9 and F10 keys (codewindow, run autoit)

I tested early betas and now

it's really GOOD job, just fantastic !!!

I have installed it with latest scite install

and here are my observation from real work with it:

FIX:

1) different versions --> 1.4.0 from About (1.3.2.26 from file version)

2) Form Open --> when open kxf file, name of form is not retrieved (isn't in Object Inspector)

when save such loaded form there will be form name "" in kxf file

--> and after another open: XML stream read error (when <object type="TAForm" name="">)

3) Run Form F10 --> $ = GuiCreate(...) instead of $Gui1 = GuiCreate(...)

4) Combobox --> when itemindex <> 0 --> don't generate code for GUICtrlSetData(...)

5) GUICtrlCreateListView --> BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$new_style1,$new_style2) instead of BitOR($new_style1,$new_style2)

6) ListView --> when set extended style form shrinks down it's size (couldn't set $LVS_CHECKBOXES)

7) Listview items --> don't save/generate code for Item "State Index" (Image Index is OK)

8) Listview columns width --> don't generate code for:

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 150)

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 90)

9) ToolBar icon between "Save" and Run Form --> there is missing Hint

10) File/Save and ToolBar icon for "Save" --> sometimes acts like "Save As"

(not for new form only but also for loaded and changed forms - in Save As dialog is .kxf)

11) File/Save As --> When I run this command and in Save As dialog hit Cancel ".kxf" file is created

12) File/Save --> at end of kxf file is added "ect>" (after two times saving "ect>@CRLFect>"):

</object>

ect>

ect>

ADD:

13) Tools/Edit Form in Scite (F8) --> so we can by F8 directly edit it (via Scite) or by F9 directly run it (via autoit3.exe)

14) Link to WWW page of Form Designer --> in menu Help/Visit home page or in About window

15) code for folding #region/#endregion --> in generated code implicitly (add it to default header/footer)

- regions maybe could be used in future to separate automated code from manually added code when KODA will update existing AU3 code

16) In Download section of KODA web please add version number

Keep on working ... B)

• Developers

13) Tools/Edit Form in Scite (F8) --> so we can by F8 directly edit it (via Scite) or by F9 directly run it (via autoit3.exe)

15) code for folding #region/#endregion --> in generated code implicitly (add it to default header/footer)

- regions maybe could be used in future to separate automated code from manually added code when KODA will update existing AU3 code

I am currently prototyping a KodaWrapper script that will start from SciTE instead of Koda and will:

- When started will show a Combobox where you can select which GUI to edit from the current script.

- Or start a new GUI and specify its name.

- When an existing GUI is selected, it will open that specific GUI file in KODA which is saved in the Script directory.

- When the code is pasted back to Scite, the wrapper script will replace the AutoIt code Between the #Region...EndRegion lines.

- When New code is added it will add #Region ... #Endregion lines.

So this will give us an easy update option for GUI code inside AutoIt3 scripts.

Still lots to do before the release but the basics are working.

It will look something like:

#Region ### START: Don't make any manual changes between these lines!!! ###
; ### GUI generated with Koda ### Form:Main
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 412, 297, 279, 169)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("ALabel1", 40, 24, 43, 17)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("AButton1", 128, 176, 73, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; ### End GUI generated with Koda ### Form:Main
#EndRegion ### END: Don't make any manual changes between these lines!!! ###
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
    ;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I tested early betas and now

it's really GOOD job, just fantastic !!!

<snip>

Thanks for all the detail in feedback (I won't quote it), most of the issues you reported have been fixed, please download the latest from webpage and if you have it installed with Scite then unzip to there if you wish.

keep in mind if you have an older version still somewhere in your path and it has been associated with koda forms then it will be the default editor and not newer version until you goto options, "Unassociate" and the "Associate" once again to update the path (only needed if path is different)

Thanks for all the detail in feedback (I won't quote it), most of the issues you reported have been fixed, please download the latest from webpage and if you have it installed with Scite then unzip to there if you wish.

keep in mind if you have an older version still somewhere in your path and it has been associated with koda forms then it will be the default editor and not newer version until you goto options, "Unassociate" and the "Associate" once again to update the path (only needed if path is different)

Today downloaded latest version and

there are fixed only 2) 3) 9) and 11) 12) from my post, others stays unfixed.

Also 10) is remaining - Save As instead of Save

Here are some new:

17) when in Object Inspector is changed some of Style/Ext. style, don't modify Saved status of Form, so Button Save is still disabled

18) ListView Columns editor - after adding new column and in Object Inspector typing it's name (and Enter) is not modified name of this last column in Column editor

EDIT: fixed is also 11)

Edited by Zedna

Thanks for detailed testing! Here some answers:

4) You mean not generate default value? Agree, stupid mistake...

5) I know about this one, but still had troubles to handle this nicely.

6) This is strange behaviour of Delphi, still need some research. So this one is open.

7) You mean "State Index" and "Image Index" in the editor form? This fields have no action, think it's need to hide them.

8) Codegen atm don't generate any code that require SendMessage, but think no problem to add it.

12) Very weird bug and looks serious...

17) Yes, this will be fixed.

18) Can't represent this.

All the files give an error NOT A VALID OBJECT TYPE.

Yep, nasty bug... This is not only relate to templates, but any saved form with long filename... Edited by Lazycat

Today downloaded latest version and

there are fixed only 2) 3) 9) and 11) 12) from my post, others stays unfixed.

Also 10) is remaining - Save As instead of Save

Here are some new:

17) when in Object Inspector is changed some of Style/Ext. style, don't modify Saved status of Form, so Button Save is still disabled

18) ListView Columns editor - after adding new column and in Object Inspector typing it's name (and Enter) is not modified name of this last column in Column editor

EDIT: fixed is also 11)

for 18: There is work around for this, after finishing columns, right click and "refresh", this will display the last name entered..

Thanks for detailed testing! Here some answers:

Thanks for great KODA :P

and sorry for my weird English :lmao:

4) You mean not generate default value? Agree, stupid mistake...

4) Combobox --> when itemindex <> 0 --> don't generate code for GUICtrlSetData(...)

I mean when itemindex <> 0 KODA don't generate GUICtrlSetData(...) and should be

7) You mean "State Index" and "Image Index" in the editor form? This fields have no action, think it's need to hide them.

7) Listview items --> don't save/generate code for Item "State Index" (Image Index is OK)

Answer to your question: Yes

State Index is not saved in kxf, when set it, save form and load form it's lost

For Image Index and State Index is not generated code like GUICtrlSetState (or something like that)

8) Codegen atm don't generate any code that require SendMessage, but think no problem to add it.

8) maybe Add Option for it in KODA to let this decision on user?

But I vote for add this.

Uploaded new build which should fix the above problem ,also fixed other issues reported about form names/file names.

With this new version I can't open KXF file from explorer.

Error message is: Can't open file "". System couldn't find this path.

In registry it's OK:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Koda.Form\shell\open\command]

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\AutoIt3\\SciTe\\Koda\\fd.exe\" \"%1\""

Previous version load it fine with same registry setting

EDIT: There must be some error in commandline parsing in fd.exe

Edited by Zedna

• Moderators

LookFar / LazyCat - (and whom ever else I missed)

Just wanted to drop a line and say WOW!, Great Job! I prefer to do GUI's by hand, but I just whisped thru Koda fairly quickly, and was very impressed!

Keep up the good work!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ideas for new functions:

- alignment pallete (like in Delphi)

- undo (not so necessary)

EDIT:

- customize toolbar (place where is button for "New Form")

I reverted back one build (uploaded) but added logic when styles clicked then modified=true.

same for deleted controls. The FormName/Filename is still an issue that I'm working on but rather have ability to run ParamStr(1) as I lost this functionality with previous build.

I never use Alignment palette in Delphi but I suppose that could be added for people that do use it.

What kind of toolbar customizing would you like to see?

Is it that you would like to add your own tools or simply move toolbars around?

What kind of toolbar customizing would you like to see?

Is it that you would like to add your own tools or simply move toolbars around?

I want to add/modify buttons on toolbar e.g. add button for F9 (generate code)

in place where are red dots in this picture:

Here is another one idea for new function:

- possibility to change TabOrder of controls (by this Taborder should be order of GUICtrlCreate... when code is generated)

Edited by Zedna