Surya

Utter - Utilizing more of SAPI (Speech Recognition UDF)

They all run fine for me maybe your installed SAPI version doesn't have this function??

in Regedit Open this Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Recognizers\Tokens

and in the MS-... Keys see what the default value is

mine for instance

Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)

Thanks for reply, I dont have "Recongnizers" key under  \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech. I have Speech SDK 5.1 installed on Win10 1709.

Today I thought about a speech assistant like alexa. I wanted to create it in Java but I felt like a noob.
So I searched an speech system for AutoIt, my favourite language.

After some testing I found this UDF and I tested some speech > text examples and it's pretty amazing. You can speak

whole sentences and Utter is able to understand you. :D

The UDF is really well coded!

Thanks for this release, I really appreciate it! I want to make a simple assistant just for fun. :P

Posted (edited)

for english it works fine thanks , but i try to use speech to text for a non english language (arabic) , is that supported by this UDF if yes can u give example ?

Edited by Network_Guy

Nope it only currently supports English the next update would come with an online speech recognizer which would suite your need. 

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Fenzik
      Hello all"
      I have curious problem with com object implementation of Sapi 5.1.
      In some cases }Some Voice engines] the metods for retrieve the voice parameters fails with error :Member not exists:.
      But the Retrieved Voice object can speak the given text, so It exists and work.
      Example of this type of Engine can be this one: http://download.kobavision.be/KobaSpeech3/KobaSpeech 3 With Vocalizer Serena - English (Great Britain).exe (can work as demo)
      So my question is> Is there some way to workaround or solve this issue?
      What i tryed:
      1. Typical use of Sapi.spvoice object:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

$spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $voice in $spvoice.getvoices()
        msgbox(0, "Voice", $voice.getdescription())
      next
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
      SetError(1)
      Endfunc

2. Implement workaround based on Nvda Screen reader sapi5 Library at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/synthDrivers/sapi5.py
      Thys code in Pascal should work, so i tryed to reproduce it in Autoit.
      Pascal code just as example:
                   SOTokens:=SpVoice.GetVoices('','');
                   for i:=0 to SOTokens.Count-1 do
                   try
                        SOToken:=SOTokens.Item(I); s:=SOToken.GetDescription(0);
      end
      In Autoit I tryed it like this:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler
        $spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $i = 0 to $spvoice.getvoices.count-1
      $name = $spvoice.getvoices.item($i).getdescription
      msgbox(0,"Voice", $name)
      next
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
      SetError(1)
      Endfunc
      Both of this methods returning same Error ("Member not exists.").
      Thanks a lot for help.
      Znefyg
    • By Imperial
      How to make AutoIt Detect Sounds using the Microphone Input to hear you what you said
    • By Surya
      Utter is simply a UDF created for the maximum utilization of SAPI (Speech Recognition API) in windows you can add your own words to be recognized by the computer you can set speed,picth and select the voice you want by speech synthesis included in windows.Utter can create a free grammar recognition engine as well as custom made grammar recognition engine suiting according to your need also it is flexible.The shutdown function of the UDF must be called before calling another one to destroy the current engine running when autoit closes the engine will also close many functionalities are included an update will be soon in future