Label over progress bar disappears on high load

BigDaddyO

I have a script that validates data against several Access database files.

Since there are thousands of records it processes I am giving the users a progress bar but as it doesn't move too much, I put a label with # of ##### overlaid on top of the progress bar so they can see the numbers changing even though the actual progress bar hasn't moved in a while.

The problem is, that after a few seconds the label disappears and occasionally flickers back on and disappears again.  I tried setting up a quick example script but it does not duplicate the problem without the access database query load.

I have narrowed it down to having something to do with the Windows 7 Aero Theme.  If I switch my system to use the Windows Classic theme everything works fine and the label updates as expected.

Anyone have some ideas on what I can do?  is there any way to force the Progress bars in my UI to use the Windows Classic progress bars?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by BigDaddyO

is there any way to force the Progress bars in my UI to use the Windows Classic progress bars?

That would be _WinAPI_SetWindowTheme. It takes controls too, just use GUICtrlGetHandle as in the example.

Thanks AdmiralAlkex,

That worked, I must have read the help file a dozen times and for some reason the "" didn't pop out to me.

Finally found searching this site that using "", "" will remove any existing theme applied to a control.

_WinAPI_SetWindowTheme(GUICtrlGetHandle($hProgressTotal), "", "")
    _WinAPI_SetWindowTheme(GUICtrlGetHandle($hProgressIndv), "", "")

• 4 years later...