Downloading Entire folder located on a FTP

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone here have had a problem to download a complete folder on from a FTP since there are no built-in methods to do so in AutoIT.

I know some people used inetget to accomplish this, but i can't because my FTP requires an authentication  username/password.

Any idea or workaround ?

Do i have to code a method myself using _FTP_FindFileNext etc.

Thank you :)

Edited by OhBobSaget

Erm ... Help File >> UDFs >> FTP. By the way, FTP is the protocol for transferring files, so terms like "a FTP" and "my FTP" are just plain wrong. Now the context you should use it in is ... "I have a VPS and would like to transfer files from my local machine to the server, should I use FTP or FTPS?"

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Erm ... Help File >> UDFs >> FTP. By the way, FTP is the protocol for transferring files, so terms like "a FTP" and "my FTP" are just plain wrong. Now the context you should use it in is ... "I have a VPS and would like to transfer files from my local machine to the server, should I use FTP or FTPS?"

Hummm, maybe my post was not clear sorry.

Here's the situation.

Let's say i have a folder containing 10 files and some subdirectories hosted on a FTP server. 

Now i want to download the entire root folder and subdirectories if any exists using a known FTP library in AutoIT.  None are included in <FTPEx.au3>...

And, i already checked the help file... don't worry :)  Thats why i'm asking here.

As for the VPS... don't know what does it means.

I never talked about FTP or FTPS either in my question... but for your information it is not a FTPS only FTP with regular auth.

You could try doing something similar to _FTP_DirPutContents using _FTP_ListToArray to get the contents of the FTP folder, and grabbing the files from the server.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Notice the quotes in my post? It was an example of the context of using FTP correctly. As for what VPS stands for, use those "search skills" of yours (or look below).

Virtual Private Server

Wait, what? Okay now I am confused (or dumb), because I see sprinkles of FTP mentioned everywhere in your first post. So are you talking about FTP or not? Anyway, whatever it is you decide is right, search the Forum, because I did and found hundreds of posts on this subject. You're not the first (and won't be the last) to discuss this subject.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Notice the quotes in my post? It was an example of the context of using FTP correctly. As for what VPS stands for, use those "search skills" of yours (or look below).

Hidden Content

Wait, what? Okay now I am confused (or dumb), because I see sprinkles of FTP mentioned everywhere in your first post. So are you talking about FTP or not? Anyway, whatever it is you decide is right, search the Forum, because I did and found hundreds of posts on this subject. You're not the first (and won't be the last) to discuss this subject.

Sorry for not using the correct terminology...  i meant download from a FTP server... Anyway you got the point ?

I am not here to argue about how to write FTP or VPS... i just want to know if there is a built-in method that would allow download of a complete directory from a FTP Server in AutoIT. I was looking for answer like the one KingBob or AutoBert sent...

Edited by OhBobSaget

Well I am hear to learn, not get handed freebies. Who said I was arguing with you? I am teaching you something (albeit basic) that will help you in the future with asking questions related to FTP. If you posted a question like this over on StackOverflow (google it!), I dare say there would be responses of confusion as to whether or not you know what you're talking. Since I am convinced you're still new to all of this, it's pointless giving you code I have if you don't appear to understand the basic fundamentals. I mean, it will raise more questions than solve them. Comments such "...how to write FTP or VPS", really don't help, as it appears you don't understand the difference between both.

As for their responses, with all due respect this was something you could have easily done yourself if you had applied your "search skills" to the forum.

UDF List:

Well I am hear to learn, not get handed freebies. Who said I was arguing with you? I am teaching you something (albeit basic) that will help you in the future with asking questions related to FTP. If you posted a question like this over on StackOverflow (google it!), I dare say there would be responses of confusion as to whether or not you know what you're talking. Since I am convinced you're still new to all of this, it's pointless giving you code I have if you don't appear to understand the basic fundamentals. I mean, it will raise more questions than solve them. Comments such "...how to write FTP or VPS", really don't help, as it appears you don't understand the difference between both.

As for their responses, with all due respect this was something you could have easily done yourself if you had applied your "search skills" to the forum.

... Thank you for your time 

Not interested to go further on this ego conversation.

How come others have been able to give better answer ?  No need to answer, keep the answer to yourself.

If you have a problem with my posts, click the report button. Simple.

Word of advice, don't tell me when to post and not, it's not your place to moderate this forum.

UDF List: