bandwidth monitor

I thought it would be neat if we could make a script that would display your computers bandwith info as the tooltip for the tray icon.

anyone know how to get auto it to display your computers bandwith info?

It is really sad to see a family torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

I thought it would be neat if we could make a script that would display your computers bandwith info as the tooltip for the tray icon.

anyone know how to get auto it to display your computers bandwith info?

See if this suits you ...

It won't be extremely accurate but this may suit your needs. Use InetGet() for a particular file on the web and use the AutoIT time functions along with the @InetGetBytesRead macro to get bytes/sec. This should give you a rough download bandwidth measurement as long as the server you are downloading from exceeds your highest possible connection speed. To measure upload speed will be a more difficult challenge. There is an FTP UDF by w0uter but the dll call does not allow for a similar @InetGetBytesRead macro as far as I know. Someone with more knowledge may have to help you with that...

Also, you may be able to look into the code of a bandwidth tester site like (www.dslreports.com) and look at their source. This may give you an idea on their test file size, method, etc. I'm fairly sure most testing sites use Java so you may have a hard time getting good info -- just a thought though.

See if this suits you ...

It won't be extremely accurate but this may suit your needs. Use InetGet() for a particular file on the web and use the AutoIT time functions along with the @InetGetBytesRead macro to get bytes/sec. This should give you a rough download bandwidth measurement as long as the server you are downloading from exceeds your highest possible connection speed. To measure upload speed will be a more difficult challenge. There is an FTP UDF by w0uter but the dll call does not allow for a similar @InetGetBytesRead macro as far as I know. Someone with more knowledge may have to help you with that...

Also, you may be able to look into the code of a bandwidth tester site like (www.dslreports.com) and look at their source. This may give you an idea on their test file size, method, etc. I'm fairly sure most testing sites use Java so you may have a hard time getting good info -- just a thought though.

Thanks that gives me some ideas to start from!

B)

It is really sad to see a family torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

• 3 years later...