Export FORMS from MS-Access

dhack

I posted in the GUI section.. but here it is as well.. it works on my machine, thank God.. hopefully yours too..

open the MDB, and choose a form to export.. it creates a 'TEST.AU3' on the root of your drive and opens it with explorer.. please send ideas etc..

Damon

Futot.zip

Thanks!.. i really appreciate it.. here's another version that supports tabs, (right now the control creation

call is not recursive, so you can't create a tab inside of a tab).. once (God willing) i get recursive control

creation done, you'll be able to embed controls inside controls inside controls, etc).. and of course, not ALL

widgets are supported-- yet.

Damon

@dhack

Just tested your Access application. Real nice job !!

As it seems Access could be used as a GUI builder application.

Perfect, keep on going !!

Futot.zip

@dhack

I just gave you a good rating, look at the stars coming up now !!

But, I have been thinking how far this could go.

Here's the story :

When your script runs on any MDB (which it still not does, I tested this on Nwind.mdb), than we can use this to auto generate formsfrom any MDB file.

The Forms data is now sent to a AU3 text file, which is OK.

But together the data should also be written to a mdb table. This data can then be exported in whatever format Like CSV or XML.

Can than be used to import into SQLite Db to auto generate forms with AutoIT, like we discussed before.

Second main advantage of using your applications is that KODA form builder saves all the data in XML files.

Access can import/Export XML files. This means if KODA stores the data in a XML format that Access can read, there will a interchange possible.

Also you could export form in XML format that KODA could read.

Great stuff !!

PS : could you come back on why your script doesn't run on an other MDB ?

Thanks

Thanks -- to both of you for the feedback--

I gave it a break for a few days.. Not sure why it won't run on any mdb.. it doesn't support all controls yet,.. but I can mess with it more today-- the XML issue.. yeah.. i'll try to add an XML export for KODA.. i considered it before-- but it was just another in between that I didn't want to add,.. B)..

About the Data export-- yeah.. we totally could do CSV-- but I thought you wanted to go SQLite DB format.. and just use SQL to actually just add the data to the database : ie: "CREATE TABLE",, and then a bunch of

"INSERT INTO" statements...

anywho.. don't know if i address all questions.. thanks to both for you feedback.. i'll open it up again and try to get more moving..

Damon

@dhack

I just gave you a good rating, look at the stars coming up now !!

But, I have been thinking how far this could go.

Here's the story :

When your script runs on any MDB (which it still not does, I tested this on Nwind.mdb), than we can use this to auto generate formsfrom any MDB file.

The Forms data is now sent to a AU3 text file, which is OK.

But together the data should also be written to a mdb table. This data can then be exported in whatever format Like CSV or XML.

Can than be used to import into SQLite Db to auto generate forms with AutoIT, like we discussed before.

Second main advantage of using your applications is that KODA form builder saves all the data in XML files.

Access can import/Export XML files. This means if KODA stores the data in a XML format that Access can read, there will a interchange possible.

Also you could export form in XML format that KODA could read.

Great stuff !!

PS : could you come back on why your script doesn't run on an other MDB ?

Thanks

Thanks -- to both of you for the feedback--

I gave it a break for a few days.. Not sure why it won't run on any mdb.. it doesn't support all controls yet,.. but I can mess with it more today-- the XML issue.. yeah.. i'll try to add an XML export for KODA.. i considered it before-- but it was just another in between that I didn't want to add,.. B)..

About the Data export-- yeah.. we totally could do CSV-- but I thought you wanted to go SQLite DB format.. and just use SQL to actually just add the data to the database : ie: "CREATE TABLE",, and then a bunch of

"INSERT INTO" statements...

anywho.. don't know if i address all questions.. thanks to both for you feedback.. i'll open it up again and try to get more moving..

Damon

Hi evry time I have tried this it crashes and burns without even a message of any kind. What version aof Access are you using?

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

sorry.. i've been a bit lazy lately.. i'll try to get an update posted by thursday 11/17/05

Damon

Hi evry time I have tried this it crashes and burns without even a message of any kind. What version aof Access are you using?