Compile new icon.

I've been wanting to add this feature on my scripts since I started making them, I finally gave in and decided to ask for help on this.

I try to compile the script via F7 or CTRL+7 in the script...doesn't work.

I then try through the right clicking feature....doesn't work.

I then update the script with SCiTE4 something and try again...doesn't work but this time it give me an error message stating

"Error: Unable to add resources...[C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\ always a random name but ends in .tmp.exe]"

Any thoughts on how to fix this error?

Thanks in advance!

This is added at the top of my script by the way

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=IconName.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile= FileName.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64= FileName.exe
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

(The Icon name and Filename are changed in my script with the correct name of the file however it is not the file directory is that needed or is the file name fine?)

Have you tried to exclude the folder that error (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\) in your antivirus? In an ideal world that shouldn't matter... But you never know.

Edit: You should not need to put in the folder if IconName.ico is in the same folder as the au3 script

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I never did put in the folder, when I ran the compiler it came up with an error and it gave me that directory for where the error was.

I guess it doesn't really matter having an icon or not but having one makes the program look more professional.

For the wrap part I put just "TheIcon'sName.ico" and the icon file is located in the folder with the script.

The original icon was for another application but I wanted to mess with it and it was in .png form, could that have to do with something?

Which version of Windows and which AutoIt versions are you using?

Saving a file as .ico is not enough. Try something like Junior Icon Editor

I (a) made several custom icons, (b) put them in a DLL and call them from there.  In addition I compile an EXE with three additional custom icons... 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\ABC\myCustomDevs\current\au3_next\timer2.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\ABC\myCustomDevs\current\au3_next\timer_2.ico

[these are absolute file paths as the .ico files are not located in the Au3 folders...]

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

After thinking about it some more I was able to figure out the problem.

I was tired at the time and instead of putting the png into a image editor I just changed the extension of the file. After putting the png into GIMP and exporting it as a .ico I was able to get it to work.

Thanks for the responses guys they helped jog my memory and helped in figuring this out, Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I didn't need to change anything else just had to put it through a software to change the file, didn't change anything with my antivirus nor did I change the location of the file I just simply changed the type of file from png to ico.

Edited by gottygolly