Help: Remote Desktop Windows Control

Bugz

Hello!

I'm new to AutoIt and I don't know how to control windows of remote desktop. I only use mouse click in my script but it would not be applicable if the windows are displaced. I am creating script in my desktop for a remote desktop. Example for "Run" function. If I write in my script [send ("#r")] this would call the run funtion of my desktop obviously. But how about in calling that of the remote desktop, what script should I use?

Please help.

Thanks!

Bugz B)

Welcome to the forums!

If you run the script from the local computer (i.e. the computer connecting to the remote desktop) then you are limited to functions like MouseClick(), PixelGetColor() and other functions that only use mouse coordinates and pixel colours. You need to run the script on the remote computer if you want to be able to refer to windows by name, etc.

Do you have something in particular that you would like to achieve?

Welcome to the forums!

If you run the script from the local computer (i.e. the computer connecting to the remote desktop) then you are limited to functions like MouseClick(), PixelGetColor() and other functions that only use mouse coordinates and pixel colours. You need to run the script on the remote computer if you want to be able to refer to windows by name, etc.

Do you have something in particular that you would like to achieve?

Thanks for responding LxP! B)

Yes. I would like to help my team automate their usual tasks. I am just starting to learn AutoIt. I was thinking maybe there are better ways to do this except from mouseclick since this function is too specific with coordinates. The script done using this may not run with other desktop.