Scite install - post configuration

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with AutoIt. I already had Scite installed and use it for some other stuff. I'd like to know if I can simply add the AutoIt goodness to Scite after the fact?

I went through the Scite4AutoIt files, but couldn't discover the correct script (if there is one).

Regards,

Oran

• Developers

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with AutoIt. I already had Scite installed and use it for some other stuff. I'd like to know if I can simply add the AutoIt goodness to Scite after the fact?

I went through the Scite4AutoIt files, but couldn't discover the correct script (if there is one).

Regards,

Oran

You can download the ZIP version. Copy all extra file/directories and copy the AU3.properties and au3.keywords.properties files.

Check the Au3,properties file to ensure this setting is set to the correct directory:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Somewhat answered my own question:

SciTE version 1.66 (26-Aug-2005) au3 ships as a language property file. So it's in the global properties file (SciTEGlobal.properites) just commented out.

So un-commenting "import au3" got me syntax highlighting.

I also added au3 to the Lexer menu, which puts it in the "Language" menu of SciTE. Just under ASN.1, I added the following:

AutoIt|au3||\

I don't think I have auto-complete, but I'm working on it.

Oran

• Developers

Somewhat answered my own question:

I don't think I have auto-complete, but I'm working on it.

Oran

To get that to work you will have copy some files from the SciTE4AutoIt3 website:

API/au3.api

au3.properties

au3.keywords.properties (for up to date keyword tables)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)