scipt

askilje

• Developers

what is wrong i cant unclick the script paused button?

this is a toggle function. Click it to pause, click it again and the script will resume ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Nothing happens when i click on the button it just starts to blink

One click on the tray icon puts the script in Pause showing a flashing icon.

One more click on the Icon shows a menu with "Script Paused" as option. Click that to continue the script.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

One click on the tray icon puts the script in Pause showing a flashing icon.

One more click on the Icon shows a menu with "Script Paused" as option. Click that to continue the script.

i click on the button "script paused" but nothing happens is stayes paused, and continue blinking

i click on the button "script paused" but nothing happens is stayes paused, and continue blinking

The info below applies to the 3.1.1 version of AutoIt3.

Make a new script file named temp.au3

Place this code into it:

MsgBox(0, "AutoIt", " Do not press OK.")
For $i = 10 To 1 Step - 1
    SplashTextOn("AutoIt", $i)
    Sleep(1000)
Next

Run that exciting script.

Do not press OK in the Message Box that should come up.

In the system tray (down by the clock) there should be one AutoIt3 icon.

Click one time on that AutoIt3 icon and do not move your mouse.

Do not select Script Paused or Exit.

(You should see a menu pop up with a check mark beside Script Paused, a separation bar and the word Exit. Behind this menu, you should be able to see part of the AutoIt3 icon flashing between a red X and the normal AutoIt3 icon.)

Press the Escape key on your keyboard to get rid of the popup menu.

Move your mouse away from the AutoIt3 icon and then move it back. If you hover over it long enough and if your operating system displays tooltips you should see one like this:

(Paused) AutoIt temp.au3

[Are we having fun yet?]

Now, click one time on that AutoIt3 icon in the system tray.

This time, move your mouse up to the line that has Script Paused on it.

Once this line is highlighted click it one time.

(The popup menu will go away and you do not get to see the option Script Paused without a check mark by it.) The script has now resumed.

I now give you permission to press the OK button in that message box that should be hanging around.

You should see a Splash Screen counting down.

Now I know that the script was so exciting that you will want to run it again and try to exit this time instead of pause/resume.

You can figure out the steps to exit the script from the steps above but note that the AutoIt3 icon will continue to flash between a red X and the normal AutoIt3 icon (even after you have selected Exit) until the Message Box is closed.

There are other things that can prevent the AutoIt3 icon from acting as you might expect. For instance, if you are in the middle of an InetGet operation, you might not be able to get the popup menu to appear right away.

More that you ever wanted to know......

If your script will not pause/resume or exit in the ways described above - post the code and let others see if the they can spot the code causing the behavior.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]