RegEx course

guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I did the FREE course. Will consider paying to get the rest OR maybe I can find another course online for fun.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Wow, I am big fan of Regular Expression. But my regex knowledge is limited with "^, \w+, \d+, $, *, ?, [a-z], [0-9],{n}" this. Look ahead and look behind are still an enigma for me. Anyway, i am trying to break the ice with regex. Thanks for sharing. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

OK

UDF List:

Cool.One thing I disliked was the singing, because it took me back to the time last year when I did the jQuery course. AHHHHH! The horror. =)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

@Guinness - Just did the free portion, what signing?

Whoops, I meant singing.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

@guinness Ohhhh, You don't understand RegEx too? Is it hard for you to learn? How would you rate the difficulty in learning RegEx (from your point of view)?

Sorry for the questions, Thanks for sharing, TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

@guinness Ohhhh, You don't understand RegEx too? Is it hard for you to learn? How would you rate the difficulty in learning RegEx (from your point of view)?

PreExpand (see my signature) uses regular expressions for parsing an Au3 script file, though it's closed source, so I wouldn't expect you to know that. You can see the regular expressions I have created by looking at my coding sub-forum (see signature). So the course was a little too basic for me, though I wouldn't call myself a guru, but at least I understand look-ahead and look-behind (negative|positive).

My advice is, if you can't solve a problem using native string functions, then it's quite difficult for you to solve with regex, because it's all about pattern matching.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

@guinness Thanks :), Just completed the first chapter :D, I need to pay to continue which I don't think I will... The regex lesson was easy for me though.

TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

My advice is, if you can't solve a problem using native string functions, then it's quite difficult for you to solve with regex, because it's all about pattern matching.

@guinness, Today i have faced a problem. I need to strip "H:\FirstFolderName" from "H:\FirstFolderName\SecondFolderName\ThirdFolderName\File.ext"

I know i can easily solve this with native string functions. But i challenge myself to solve it with regex. And started learning regex basic.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Did you solve with native? As you said you can, which doesn't necessarily mean you did.

UDF List:

Did you solve with native? 

Yes ofcourse. I did it. But i want to do it with regex. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

OK. So are you asking for help? Or do you need more time?

UDF List:

I think you are mistaken. I didn't meant to ask help. I was just saying that i will spend more time to learn regex. Anyhow, i need help if i stuck in learning regex.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Here >> https://regex101.com/r/aG2gX0/1 What native function did you come up with please?

UDF List:

Here is my code

$Main_Str = "H:\FirstFolderName\SecondFolderName\ThirdFolderName\File.ext"
$Str_For_Check = StringMid($Main_Str,4)
$Slash_Position = StringInStr($Str_For_Check,"\")
$Stripped_Path = StringLeft($Main_Str,$Slash_Position + 2)
MsgBox(0,"",$Stripped_Path)

; And this way too
$str2 = StringInStr($Main_Str,"\",0,2)
$tr3 = StringLeft($Main_Str,$str2 -1)
MsgBox(0,"",$tr3)

Wow.. Online regex tester. I didn't think about the negeted class yet. Thanks for pointing me the right dorection.

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Okay, this is better...

Local $sFilePath = 'H:\FirstFolderName\SecondFolderName\ThirdFolderName\File.ext'
Local $iOccurrence = StringInStr($sFilePath, '\', Default, 2)
If $iOccurrence Then
    $sFilePath = StringTrimLeft($sFilePath, $iOccurrence - 1)
EndIf
ConsoleWrite($sFilePath & @CRLF)

As you can see, you still have a lot to learn =) Which is a good thing.

UDF List: