hex or asc bug?

Zin_r

I may have found a bug in the beta version v3.1.1.86. I believe that either the Hex or the Asc function is not working properly in the most recent beta release.

I used _StringToHex to create the Hex and the _HexToString to retrieve the string value.

After downloading and installing the most recent beta version, I discovered the problem when a piece a code, which had been working, started giving me errors. The error came when I was trying to retrieve the string from the hex (_HexToString). However, after examining the result of the _StringToHex function, I believe the problem begins when it is converted to an hex.

Looking in the String.au3 #include and closely comparing the _StringToHex function in the stable release and in the just-installed beta release, as well as the _HexToString function, I can only conclude the problem has to be in the Hex or Asc function within the AutoIt3.exe file because 1) There is no significant difference in the two functions that would result in it not working and 2) I copied and pasted the functions in the String.au3 file back and forth to test just that assumption.

I downloaded and installed the beta version v3.1.1.84 ran the program and it worked perfectly, as it did on the stable release.

HTH zin_r

p.s. I tried to email this using the bug report form but that failed. Apparantely, no recipient is set for the form?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

v3.1.1.86 - Were you using StringReplace at all in your script?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.