CompileAU3 Beta

Jos

• Developers

I have added 3 Compiler directives to this http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/beta/CompileAU3.exe beta version 1.2.1.0:

#Compiler_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=y

This directive will trigger CompileAU3 to increment the 4th number by 1 in the "#Compiler_Res_Fileversion=0.0.0.1" directive version number after the Script.EXE is created.

#Compiler_PlugIn_Funcs=Func1,Func2 ;comma separated list of PlugIn functions

This Directive will temporary add the specified function(s) as Valid Functions to AU3Check to avoid getting "undefined function." errors when Running or Compiling scripts that use the new Plugin feature.

#Compiler_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=N ;Continue when only Warnings from AU3Check

feedback is welcome,

Jos

11/5/2005: Fixed link

11/6/2005: Updated Compileau3 to v 1.2.1.8 : Fixed Bug when version number doesn't contain all 4 number levels (e.g. "#Compiler_Res_Fileversion=0.0.1")

11/6/2005: Updated Compileau3 to v 1.2.1.9 : Added AutoIncrement support to the GUI/Ini of CompileAU3.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

File does not exist.

Can you explain what you mean ?

The first new directive defaults to no i assume, so as to not interfere with @AutoItVersion (I believe that's the right macro)

Yes correct.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I click the link for the CompileAU3, and it shows me the root ('/') fileman dir.

oops, yes you are correct. that only worked for me .... is corrected now .... Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I like the auto increment, thanks JdeB

So do I.

It was Gene that asked the question about a week ago and it was one of those things that I didn't think of before and could be implemented very easily...

I had one report back that the auto increment slowed down the Alt-F7 in SciTE dramatically on larger scripts... Anybody else seeing this issue ?

Also found one bug with the increment option when the fileversion doesn't have the 4 level numbering defined like: "#Compiler_Res_Fileversion=0.0.1" ... This is corrected in the current version.

Second question: What should the default behaviors for "#Compiler_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning" be ?

At this moment its "y" meaning : Show the returned Warnings from AU3Check and ask what to do.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Second question: What should the default behaviors for "#Compiler_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning" be ?

At this moment its "y" meaning : Show the returned Warnings from AU3Check and ask what to do.

Halt on errors with option to continue. Continue for warnings. People can look at the output pane of Scite if interested in the warnings. Currently warnings are judged by some as errors with the popup window so it may calm peoples perception of warnings. We do not need nagging popups for warnings. B)

No for default. :o

I had one report back that the auto increment slowed down the Alt-F7 in SciTE dramatically on larger scripts... Anybody else seeing this issue ?

Yes, I have a 5000 line script that seems to freeze for more then 1 min AFTER compiling.

I think it's a problem with SciTE refreshing, because the script will show up fully compiled, but scite is frozen.

This also heppens intermittenly with tidy.

None the less THANKS for the build tracking! I had written a script to keep track of my builds by means of an exturnal INI, but this is WAY beter!

Edited by KXM

Do not forget to vote for default for warning popups, people.

Oh, and I mentioned initially to JdeB about the compile freeze. About 3-5 mins freeze that scite does for scripts of 100kb or above. scite tools and big scripts do not seem to work too well. Right click Tidy is best for large scripts.

Edit: Vote is 1-0 in favor of No warnings popup by default. B)

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Yes, I have a 5000 line script that seems to freeze for more then 1 min AFTER compiling.

I think it's a problem with SciTE refreshing, because the script will show up fully compiled, but scite is frozen.

This also heppens intermittenly with tidy.

Oh, and I mentioned initially to JdeB about the compile freeze. About 3-5 mins freeze that scite does for scripts of 100kb or above. scite tools and big scripts do not seem to work too well. Right click Tidy is best for large scripts.

KXM & Mhz, Could you both do me a favor and PM/EMail me the following info so i can see if there is anything you have in common since I have never seen this issue yet?

- Version of SciTE and FileDate from the Help/About SciTE

- Your OS version and SP level

- Attach a copy of SciTEGlobal.properties and SciTEUser.Properties

Thanks for the feedback

B)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.