How to write and compile a Fortran DLL for AutoIt

Alex

I can give you tons of recommendations but virtually all of them would be about as useless as your post since you've provided no context to what you need recommendations for. If you need help writing a DLL in Fortran-95, consult the documentation and resources for the language. If you need help calling a DLL from AutoIt, then provide some information and demonstrations of the problems you are having.

• Moderators

virtually all of them would be about as useless as your post since you've provided no context to what you need recommendations for.

Enough said! :oB)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

I can give you tons of recommendations but virtually all of them would be about as useless as your post since you've provided no context to what you need recommendations for. If you need help writing a DLL in Fortran-95, consult the documentation and resources for the language. If you need help calling a DLL from AutoIt, then provide some information and demonstrations of the problems you are having.

Thanks.

As they say in Russia, after smooth finishing by a crow-bar and a sledgehammer and it goes working fine. B)

Hi Valik,

There is a joke from the time when the USA drafted its young men into military service. At the induction centers, in the room for physical examinations, there was nearly always a seemingly endless line of semi-nude men passing through the "assembly line" examination. At the point where the Doctor said "Turn your head to the left and cough." then said "Turn your head to the right and cough.", the Doctor having had a rough week turned to his assistant and said "Do you think these guys will ever learn?"

Since less than 2% of them had ever been through the line before, there had been no real opportunity to learn. Even if half of them had been through the line before, his question wouldn't have made any sense. This Alex person had only 6 posts.

Would it have killed you to have said "Probably, what are your issues?"

He did learn something, probably not what you intended... or was that the point.

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

no. he is just a self proclaimed "distastefully arrogant" person

he does know what he is talking about on one hand... but goes completely against the ideology of "there are no stupid questions" he takes most people as idiots... and comes up with replies like that.

can by damn funny at times.

he isnt such a bad guy i guess but i sure as hell am glad i dont live with him.

EDIT: that post wasnt bad at all.. have a look at some replies he gave to MY rockheaded questions lol

he loooooves me.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

he does know what he is talking about on one hand... but goes completely against the ideology of "there are no stupid questions" he takes most people as idiots... and comes up with replies like that.

he isnt such a bad guy i guess but i sure as hell am glad i dont live with him.

EDIT: that post wasnt bad at all.. have a look at some replies he gave to MY rockheaded questions lol

he loooooves me.

People learn by asking questions, rock headed and otherwise! ALL reading of, and responding to posts are voluntary, no one is required to. Of course questions, and more so the reading and responding are the life blood of a forum. Venom is helpful only in its rarity. When venom is to be expected, it and the source are a problem. There are many ways of answering "dumb" questions that evoke better questions and a higher level of particpation. This is to EVERYONE'S benefit. Sniping, hostile responsese are almost always NOT.

People new in the world or new in an endeavor are to be expected to ask inane, thoughtless, pointless and yes dumb questions. They should be answered in a manner to improve them and their questions. They should never be answered in a manner hostile or demeaning unless they have caused a LIFE THREATENING situation. Even then it should be noted by its rarity!

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

No, Insolence called me that once and I liked the ring it had to it.

he does know what he is talking about on one hand...

This is the part people need to focus on: what I say, not how I say it.

but goes completely against the ideology of "there are no stupid questions" he takes most people as idiots... and comes up with replies like that.

There are stupid questions and that quote is just plain foolish. For example, you can't imagine the number of times I've seen stuff like this: "I have a problem with my code, it doesn't do <insert what code is supposed to do>, can you help me?" The most important part in asking such a question is the code. This thread was pretty much the same thing. The user has a problem. That's fine, what is it? As far as I know, the problem is anything from a typographical error in the OP's code or the OP's house is on fire. How can anybody reasonably answer a question like that if it's not qualified with sufficient information to give people a reasonable chance at answering?

What's funny is that people ask such questions. Or maybe that's just sad.

he isnt such a bad guy

What gives you that impression?

i guess but i sure as hell am glad i dont live with him.

Agreed.

he loooooves me.

Yes, I still assert you are the dumbest person on the forum. However, what scares me is I've seen people get close enough to make me consider re-tallying the votes.