AutoIt Error

zmarks

At boot-up, I'm getting an AutoIt Error:

-- Line 701  (File "C:Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start\Menu\Programs\Startup\ActivateReminder.exe"):

Error: The requested action with this object has failed. --

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go into your startup folder in your Start menu and delete the file called ActvateReminder.exe

Edit: I just realized there is no folder called StartUp any longer in Windows 10 in the start menu, but the folder is still there in the user's profile folder.

Edited by KingBob

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

try reinstalling the program.if the problem still persists go to the location "C:Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start\Menu\Programs\Startup\ " and delete Activatereminder is there

Edited by Surya

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

Kingbob there is a startup folder i think:

Autostart for currently logged-on user:
shell:startup = %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
And startup folder all users:
shell:common startup = %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup 

if you want to go to the startup folder press win + r and type the below code
shell:start menu = start menu in Windows-10
shell:common start menu =All user start menu in Windows-10 

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

I corrected myself 48 minutes ago, I said there's no startup folder in the START MENU, I didn't say there was no startup folder in the user's profile directory in fact I made a point of saying that it is where you would find it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Surya:

I cannot find the program listed among those under Settings\Systems\Apps & Features.  I also could find neither the EXE noted in the error nor any program called AutoIt with a search in File Explorer.  How would I reinstall the program?  Is it a web-based installation?

Thanks for all your help.

no it isnt a web based installation and the total installer size will be about 12 mb only.you could download the installer from here or from the officail download page of autoit

Edit: KingBob Has a solution you should look over it

Edited by Surya

Surya:

I cannot find the program listed among those under Settings\Systems\Apps & Features.  I also could find neither the EXE noted in the error nor any program called AutoIt with a search in File Explorer.  How would I reinstall the program?  Is it a web-based installation?

Thanks for all your help.

You need to open the folder that the error message is telling you, "C:Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start\Menu\Programs\Startup\", then delete the file ActivateReminder.exe, reboot the computer. Don't go anywhere else on the computer until you have done that.