Ever wondered of passing on variables or words to other windows well there is a udf ready for it you can easily pass on variables words etc to other windows (non-autoit) and as well as recieve them.Basic functions and examples are provided with the UDF.The function allows two complied scripts to communicate with each other directly.

UDF available here : Download Transpond UDF.zip

Version updated [Current :2.0.1]

------- [Changelog] ---------

* Fixed bugs

* Fixed errors in help

Edited by Surya

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)

Looks nice, Some errors though:

1. Use relative paths instead of @ScriptDir in includes

2. You forgot to include WindowsConstants.au3 and GUIConstantsEx.au3 :lol:

TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Uop, thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

Right now I'm working on a proect where some scripts should send data to the main one. I was thinking about writting the data in .ini files, and reading the .ini from the main script, but I'm going to try your solution.

Greets from Barcelona

PS: I don't know how to transpond an array, it's me or is it imposible?

Edited by Qwerty212

Thanks for Sharing!

Unfortunately, the example doesn't seems to work, (no message/data on the receiving program).

(edited 2015.09.17)

Surya: I have read the UDF and as other already point out, it seems an incomplete copy from other post. What is going on?

Edited by Alenis
The code seems not original, instead a copy/paste from other posts. (Plagiarism)

• Moderators

Surya,

The above spurred me to take a look as well.

Having either blocking functions, or calls to functions of unknown duration, within a message handler is incredibly bad coding practice - you are doing both:

Func WM_COPYDATA($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    [...]
    MsgBox ("","calls",$return)
    Call($dat, $return)
    [...]
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COPYDATA

The Help file says quite clearly:

Warning: blocking of running user functions which executes window messages with commands such as "MsgBox()" can lead to unexpected behavior, the return to the system should be as fast as possible !!!

If you do not return ASAP you risk blocking the message flow and bringing the entire system down. I would strongly recommend recoding that handler.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to remove your code. Just give credit to guinness/KaFu that your code was based on their code. I think you should add your code again.

Regards Lars