Little Array help, checking values ect.

Damein

So I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong here.

Here is an image of what the array spits out

fjv70GU.png

Now I want it so whenever the array contains a "" to change that to "Not Copied"

But using

For $i = 1 To 99
   If $TodaysList[$i][1] = "" Then
      $TodaysList[$i][1] = "Not Copied"
   EndIf
Next

I get

43SVx5Y.png

Even though nothing has changed besides I add in that IF statement. Why is it detecting the 0's as "" ?

Thanks!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Because 0 sometimes Returns as the Nothing

Maybe try

For $i = 1 To 99
If Not @error Then
        If Not $TodaysList[$i][1] = "0" Then
         EndIf
   ElseIf Not $TodaysList[$i][1] = 0 Then
         EndIf
   EndIf
Else
MsgBox(0,"Error","Some Error maybe has been apeared bla bla")
EndIf
Next

I think this with error is stupid and maybe is wrong but i don't care just remove it if u don't Need it or if it is wrong~

Edited by RaiNote
  • C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

wait, wait, wait. containing nothing, containing zero, and being empty are all the same?   :evil:

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

This has been discussed numerous times.

When you compare a number against a string, the string is converted to a number. In AutoIt if the string doesn't start with a number it is converted to 0 (zero) when compared against a string. If the string is empty it is also converted to a zero.

$string = "10"
ConsoleWrite("This string contains: " & $string & " and will be converted to " & Number($string) & " when compared to a number" & @CRLF)
$string = "a10"
ConsoleWrite("This string contains: " & $string & " and will be converted to " & Number($string) & " when compared to a number" & @CRLF)
$string = "0xa10"
$string = "10xxxx20"
$string = "0"
$string = ""

Edited by KingBob
Added hex example

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Should be fine.  Though I would certainly distrust the view, so depending on how the input was validated maybe

If StringLen(stringstripws($TodaysList[$i][1] , 8)) = 0

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)