problems downloading sqlite3.dll

t0nZ

This is a work in progress. Your best bet for now is actually FileInstall.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Unfortunately a lot of details are still being ironed out, so be patient. This is why you should have downloaded the SQLite dll and not relied on downloading each time.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You can try here for the DLL.

http://sqlite.com/download.html

Edited by KingBob

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

here: http://sqlite.org/download.html

--> Precompiled Binaries for Windows --> sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3081101.zip (http://sqlite.org/2015/sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3081101.zip)

edit:

also have a look here #14

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• Administrators

You can get it here temporariliy. https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/pkgmgr/sqlite/SQLite3_3.8.11.1.zip

Download it manually though. Don't FileInstall it from the server or anything.

I am having the same issue.  I have created a program that inventories boxes that uses SQLite.  But now I am unable to get it to run because it wants to download the current version of SQLite.  I have looked at the SQLite.au3 and I can't figure out how to use a local copy of SQLite.dll.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

The error I receive:

@@ Debug(257) : __SQLite_Download_SQLite3File : $URL = http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/archive/sqlite/sqlite3.dll
    $sTempfile = sqlite3_300800403.dll

Edited by trantrack
Added error.

There's an option to _SQLite_Startup() to force the use of a local DLL. (I use this in my application since it runs on a standalone machine.)

From the Help file:

_SQLite_Startup ( [$sDll_Filename = "" [, $bUTF8ErrorMsg = False [, $iForceLocal = 0 [, $hPrintCallback = $__g_hPrintCallback_SQLite]]]] )

Set $iForceLocal = 1 to use a local copy of the DLL. If you want to use the default DLL file name rather than a specific one, set $sDll_Filename = "" (empty string).

See the _SQLite_Startup() help page for additional information.

When the going gets tough, the tough start coding.

So with the new version of AutoIt (v3.3.14.2) it's now official, no download of the sqlite3.dll

Now in my scripts I start SQLite in this manner:

; =====================>>>>> START SQL DLL
_SQLite_Startup()

If @error Then
    MsgBox(48, "SQLite Error", "SQLite3.dll Can't be Loaded! - Trying to use local one...")
    FileInstall("C:\pathofyourlocalDLLhere\sqlite3.dll", @ScriptDir & "\", 1)
    _SQLite_Startup("sqlite3.dll", 1)

If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "local dll not working, exiting...")
        Exit
    Else
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite OK", "Success on local dll | _SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion())
    EndIf
EndIf
;======================<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I try and if @error I fileinstall the .dll, messages only the first time.

• 1 month later...

..don't know why the change but my humble solution is to modify _SQLite_Startup() 

If $iForceLocal = 0 Then
            ; check SQLite version if local file exists
            If __SQLite_VersCmp(@ScriptDir & "\" & $sDll_Filename, $vInlineVersion) = $SQLITE_OK Then
                $sDll_Dirname = @ScriptDir & "\"
                $bDownloadDLL = False
            ElseIf __SQLite_VersCmp(  StringLeft(@AutoItExe,StringInStr(@AutoItExe,"\",0,-1)-1) & "\" & $sDll_Filename, $vInlineVersion) = $SQLITE_OK Then
                $sDll_Dirname =  StringLeft(@AutoItExe,StringInStr(@AutoItExe,"\",0,-1)-1) & "\" ; <--- the DLLs can be at root install
                $bDownloadDLL = False
            ElseIf __SQLite_VersCmp(@SystemDir & "\" & $sDll_Filename, $vInlineVersion) = $SQLITE_OK Then
                $sDll_Dirname = @SystemDir & "\"
                $bDownloadDLL = False
            ElseIf __SQLite_VersCmp(@WindowsDir & "\" & $sDll_Filename, $vInlineVersion) = $SQLITE_OK Then
                $sDll_Dirname = @WindowsDir & "\"
                $bDownloadDLL = False
            ElseIf __SQLite_VersCmp(@WorkingDir & "\" & $sDll_Filename, $vInlineVersion) = $SQLITE_OK Then
                $sDll_Dirname = @WorkingDir & "\"
                $bDownloadDLL = False
            EndIf
        EndIf

and place the DLLs on AutoIt3.exe folder.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Because the site was receiving thousands of downloads a day due to selfish developers not storing SQLite with their application. Please refrain from messing with the UDF if you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Because the site was receiving thousands of downloads a day due to selfish developers not storing SQLite with their application. Please refrain from messing with the UDF if you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

well, I just read the http://sqlite.org/copyright.html and it can be distributed in the distribution of the installer. Most people ( including myself ), click-click again and again until .. "it works, I'm a genius". Therefore, I believe ( without years of experience distributing software, so I don't know for sure ), is that, the best way to maintain the "click-click, it works, I'm a genius" factor ( that allowed me later on, to actually learn to, somewhat, code ), is to have it in the installer. Just commenting out the downloader part in the UDF makes the distribution unnecessarily non-functional from the get go. So you see, I'm not selfish, I'm clueless ( was clueless ), and the UDF was designed ( on some versions of AutoIt ) to download when not found. What I propose is one possible solution. 

Thank you kindly for answering my interrogative and for reading this clarification of my previous post.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

SQLite is now distributed with AutoIt, so I don't see what the problem is. Create a new topic in future and don't hijack.

UDF List: