Keeping a file online and updating it from different instances of my script

Newb

Hi everyone,

I want to know if there is a simple way to keep a plain text file online in some way and let multiple copies of my script fetch and update data in it.

Of course solutions are multiple, Ftp, sql database and whatever you want. But there is a simple way to do it? Just keeping it online and accessible  and allow the script to modify it.

The idea behind this is that I want to make a keystroke/mouse click counter. As a programmer I type and click all day and I'd like to monitor that kind of stuff and how much I type everyday. I already know multiple solutions that do that, but since I input lot of sensitive data I don't like very much the idea of some software with unknown source to have access to my keystrokes, so I wanted to make a quick script with AutoIT to do that.

I can manage to get something working in C# or whatever you want, but I always prefere AutoIT over everything as I like it very much and usually I can quickly get up and running with my ideas without too much of a hassle.

So what that would be? A public FTP folder? or What? There is an easy way without having to configure a server?

Edited by Newb

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

• Moderators

Newb,

I want to make a keystroke/mouse click counter

And how is this different to a standard keylogger?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Newb,

And how is this different to a standard keylogger?

M23

In the way that I just want to count how much times the buttons are pressed, I couldn't care less what is actually typed, if someone types 'apple' I want the number 5 as result, not what the user actually typed.

I can post the source here if you want. Anyway this doesn't make you sure I haven't malicious intentions, so, well, it's finally all up to you. If I really had malicious intentions I could have just not mention what the final use of the program was and just ask you about storing a file online and modifying it.

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

• Moderators

Newb,

I could have just not mention what the final use of the program was and just ask you about storing a file online and modifying it.

Then let us limit the script to that and the problem goes away.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Newb,

Then let us limit the script to that and the problem goes away.

M23

?

• Moderators

Newb,

?

You can ask for help about "storing a file online and modifying it" but not for a "keystroke/mouse click counter" - clear now?

M23

Spoiler