Various problems, will appreciate any help

Recently I bought a new laptop and in my attempt to tame it with autoit, I got into some troubles I could not solve. Will appreciate any help!

1. Is it possible to have a script that runs all the time in the background that will automatically lock the laptop when I close the lid or after a few minutes I'm away?
  2. My password is in English but I often use my native language when I use the computer. Is it possible to make a script that runs in the background and change language to English whenever computer is locked (maybe set the winkey+l short cut lock AND change language to english?)
  3. Sometime I click the new winkey+tab shorcut (and I hate it), is it possible to disarm it (set it to a function that does nothing)?
  4. In windows 10 there is a new way to change language with win+space and in this method there is also a nice animation that is not there in the old alt+shift shortcut. Is it possible to make alt+shift do what winkey+Tab does? (maybe set alt+shift to simulate a winkey+tab click?)
  5. Is it possible to use autoit to download the .html code of a given link?

If some of these are not possible with autoit, could you suggest me an alternative way?

Thanks much, Andrew.

I would advise you to check out the Help file since pretty much all your requests are pretty simple and could probably be found easily.

But lets get to some of it.

1: Why would you need to do this through AutoIt? Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you enable screen saver and click the box "On resume, display logon screen"

2: Not someone who has even changed language and stuff on windows so not sure, sorry.

3: This can be accomplished with HotKeySet (In help file) by setting a Hotkey to Win+Tab to anything it over rides default (So if nothing, just make it do a Sleep(100) )

4: Same as above ^ Just set the Hotkey to Send (In help file) the Winkey+Tab

5: _IEBodyReadHTML (In help file) will work out for you.

If you really need some help (I don't know if you have any experience or not) let me/people know and we will help!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

I would advise you to check out the Help file since pretty much all your requests are pretty simple and could probably be found easily.

But lets get to some of it.

1: Why would you need to do this through AutoIt? Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you enable screen saver and click the box "On resume, display logon screen"

2: Not someone who has even changed language and stuff on windows so not sure, sorry.

3: This can be accomplished with HotKeySet (In help file) by setting a Hotkey to Win+Tab to anything it over rides default (So if nothing, just make it do a Sleep(100) )

4: Same as above ^ Just set the Hotkey to Send (In help file) the Winkey+Tab

5: _IEBodyReadHTML (In help file) will work out for you.

If you really need some help (I don't know if you have any experience or not) let me/people know and we will help!

Hey thanks man. Be sure I wouldn't have bothered you unless I tried and failed. 

1. I was completely unaware of this option in windows, and it successful solved my second problem of what happens if I leave my laptop alone for a few minutes. However, I checked and double checked but in windows there is no option to run screensaver on lid close - you can only choose of: nothing, sleep, hibernate or shut down. So I still need a away to do this using autoit (is it even possible?)
  2. .
  3. I used HotKeySet many times for many different purposes. However for some reason it did not work when I tried to hook the winkey+tab or alt+shift combinations.
  4. ^
  5. Thanks! I will get into it farther tomorrow. However, I need to access a Facebook page ( requires credentials). Is it possible to do this authentication with AutoIt?

Just out of curiosity, but when you put a laptop to sleep (Closing the lid) when it boots back up it locks the screen until you put the password back in, doesn't it?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Thanks, I don't use a laptop except for work and I just leave everything as default on it lol.

Also, for the HotkeySet maybe try running the script with #RequireAdmin?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

yes - two settings needed - When Lid is closed "sleep"

and

Require password on wake up.

I know this option, I just don't want it to sleep. Sometimes I leave my laptop alone to download something or to compile a code, and in such case I'd prefer it will not be asleep so the work is done while I'm away.