20-9-2015: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.6.0 release.

Jos

So, which other app could be "eating" the ALt+F1 keys combo or did you change it?

VGA Driver ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Yes

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I have a question about this snippet:

Local $SOME_VAR1 = ''
;~ Local $SOME_VAR2 = ''
$SOME_VA

when you focus cursor at the end I mean in 3 line just after ".._VA"
and now when you press R key on the keyboard,

Why scite show to me also $SOME_VAR2 in calltips ? 
Is it possible to disable showing (in this call tips) variable and function which are commented ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

The SciTE autocomplete is unaware of styles so you can't exclude styles from appearing in the dropdown box..
Can it be made like that?: I would obviously say yes but this is the way it is in the ScITE distribution I use.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is there any place to post feature requests of SciTE ?. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

The SciTE autocomplete is unaware of styles so you can't exclude styles from appearing in the dropdown box.

Great sorrow :(

Can it be made like that?: I would obviously say yes but this is the way it is in the ScITE distribution I use.

Is there something you know that this functionality was previously requested here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/feature-requests/

??

@TheDcoder

As @Jos say he is using standard SciTE distribution (as I know with small modyfication).
So AutoIt Track is not good place to post Feature Request.
It should be requested as I 
ask  @Jos above.

Of course if you or @kcvinu wants then, you can make  your own Feature Request to the scintilla project.

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Is there any place to post feature requests of SciTE ?. 

Doing it here in the active thread or in the Feature request option of the BugTracker.  
When you post it here there is a better chance on a dialog, were in the bugtracker it will be a Yes/No type answer. 

Is there something you know that this functionality was previously requested here:http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/feature-requests/??

I don't know as I am not following the development in that detail, but wouldn't be surprised when Niel either already said no or else will say no to it as he tries to keep it simple.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As I see, you see an opportunity for discussion here.
Had my idea intrigued you?
Is there a chance for a your little modification?

This modification came to my mind when I'm working with modifications to XML and IE UDFs.
Scite still showing to me the old variables and functions name that are no longer used, but I have them "saved" in the comments.
It becomes a bit of a nuisance, but for the time being to themselves with this advise.

So I thought: I have to ask, because it can be a solution.
Unfortunately, as it turned out it is not yet :(

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos Unfortuntely, i posted the request in BugTracker. But if it permits, i would like to discuss it here. So can i ?

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Just Add this Theread (URL) to that ones TrackTicket as a reference to discussion.

EDIT:
As I see it a little wider REQUEST in relation to my request.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipok You mean, discuss the matter here and then add a reference to that TrckTicket ?

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

The best way is always:

Discuss here on the fourm.
If we "community" come to any conclusion then if it is needed any body involved in discusion can open a ticket.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

As I see, you see an opportunity for discussion here.
Had my idea intrigued you?
Is there a chance for a your little modification?

This modification came to my mind when I'm working with modifications to XML and IE UDFs.
Scite still showing to me the old variables and functions name that are no longer used, but I have them "saved" in the comments.
It becomes a bit of a nuisance, but for the time being to themselves with this advise.

So I thought: I have to ask, because it can be a solution.
Unfortunately, as it turned out it is not yet :(

When your question is for me to look at modifying the SciTE core functionality for the AutoComplete then my clear answer is No.
We have made many LUA scripts to adapt the behavior of SciTE, and we could it in case it is possible there, but I am limiting the modifications to the core program to avoid the maintenance work. There is already enough as it is with the changes I made.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@Jos Unfortuntely, i posted the request in BugTracker. But if it permits, i would like to discuss it here. So can i ?

Sure, that is what i said ...right?  ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When your question is for me to look at modifying the SciTE core functionality for the AutoComplete then my clear answer is No.
We have made many LUA scripts to adapt the behavior of SciTE, and we could it in case it is possible there, but I am limiting the modifications to the core program to avoid the maintenance work. There is already enough as it is with the changes I made.

I understand your approach.
Thanks for the explanation of this particular case.

btw.
I go to work in the garden, so I will not be online for a few hours.
Fresh autumn air will be good for my brains/mind and my well-being.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos  These are the requests

1. If user types "Opt", then after the "(", intellisence should display all options. and after user selects an option, he will type a comma. Then intellisence should display all params of that option.

2. When user types "#include", show all include files in Intellisence.
3. When user types a variable's name without the dollr sign, then detect it as if he typed it with the dollar sign and add the sign to it. 

4. Adding end keyword like "EndIf/WEnd/EndSwitch/Next" automatically after user presses n enter key.

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers
  1. It does already. There are up/down arrows shown at the beginning of the line which allows you the scroll through them.
  2. Could be a nice one to do in LUA maybe? It should show all *.au3 files located in the script directory and defined in openpath.$(au3).
    Example how to build a custom AutoComplete..  
  3. That could conflict when an UDF name is similar to a variable name. So can;t see that working.
  4. Abbrevs can do that and also could imagine a LUA script could do this. 

Looks like you have a couple of nice challenges to work on for the coming period (2 & 4) :)

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos Thanks for the reply. So the ball is in my cort now, isn;t it ?. I have already made a tool to accomplish the task in number 2. And number 4 is under construction. None of them are in Lua. Because i never saw a tutorial on that. I can easily learn basics of lua. But i think i need proper turorials to work with Lua + SciTE

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic