20-9-2015: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.6.0 release.

Jos

@Jos I saw the arrows in the intellisence. But tab key is not suppoting for this. I think it is only to show us. Not for select and complete the code. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Developers

How have you done item 2? Was that with autoit3 using the scite director interface?

As to a tutorial for SciTE and Lua: The linked site is quite nice to start and learn some of the options available.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

@Jos I saw the arrows in the intellisence. But tab key is not suppoting for this. I think it is only to show us. Not for select and complete the code. 

There has never been an autocomplete available as yet in SciTE when it comes to the calltips displayed, and this is a calltip dropdown, not an AutoComplete.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

How have you done item 2? Was that with autoit3 using the scite directory interface?

Yes. That tool is using Directory interface. Please look at this link. This is the tool.

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167828-a-simple-utility-for-pasting-include-files/

But, it is completely an external program.I don't know how to combine it with SciTE

First, i did this without directory interface, But then you gave me some hints about SciTE send command. Then i rewrote the program with SciTE Directory interface. Now it is more faster.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

There has never been an autocomplete available as yet in SciTE when it comes to the calltips displayed, and this is a calltip dropdown, not an AutoComplete.

If that is a calltip, then i am requesting for an auto complete feature for that. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

@kcvinu Open SciTE, Options -> Open au3.properties

This will open au3.properties, look around line 50, you can add your own program's option there :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Moderators

TheDcoder,

How many times do we have to tell people to make changes to SciTE properties in the "User Options File" so that their changes are not lost on upgrade when the main properties files are replaced?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

If that is a calltip, then i am requesting for an auto complete feature for that. 

Good luck with that.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@TheDcoder, If you know that, then kindly post a tutorial of it.

Spoiler

My Contributions

@Jos , Is that a Yes ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

@Jos , Is that a Yes ?

That statement means I am not even going to look at that.
You are asking for a fundamental change here in SciTE, so it won't be done in the version I maintain.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@TheDcoder, If you know that, then kindly post a tutorial of it.

Look at the provided helpfile for the SciTE documentation. 
Should be pretty easy to figure out what the options are.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos Thank you for the clarification. It seems that i need to make another utility for that. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

@kcvinu  I did a search for learning lua scripting language, I got many good results, they should be enough for you to get started :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

@TheDcoder, I know the basics of Lua. But i didn't know anything related Lua + SciTE. That means, where to put your script, how to detect the events like enter key press in SciTE and so on. Do you have any info related to that ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

Maybe you should try to live with a compromise in stead of striving for "your ideal world". I honestly think the way things work now makes coding so much easier and do not see the need for all your ideas really.  

One thing we could look at for your #include idea is updating au3.api with something like this: example to demonstrate what i mean by adding lines 2&3

#include?2
#include<array.au3>?2
#include<date.au3>?2
#include-once?2

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@kcvinu From (SciTE ->) Help -> SciTE Help -> SciTE4AutoIt3-Gettingstarted:

If your utility is a compiled AutoIt script or another executable file, enter the following into the SciTEUser.properties file:
# 40 Utility_Name

command.40.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\SciTE Utils\Utility.exe"
command.name.40.$(au3)=Utility_Name
command.shortcut.40.*.au3=Ctrl+Alt+Z
command.subsystem.40.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.40.$(au3)=2
command.quiet.40.$(au3)=1

As @Jos suggested, read the SciTE Help file :)

Edited by TheDcoder
Correction

@Jos , You are the person who taught me that SciTE is just like an edit control. If that is true, then you can detect the keypresses. If user typed "#inc" then you can easily call your function for displaying all include files from AutoItDir. And we can make more interesting things. If you are going to write a gui or control creation function. When you write the code, the time when you write the style parameter, the calltip should vanish and the list of GUI Styles should appear as intellisence. I think we can make SciTE more intelligent. Anyhow, i didn't understand any line of your api code. But i understand one thing, that you will make some better changes in next version of SciTE

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic