20-9-2015: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.6.0 release.

Jos

@TheDcoder, what i mean is, if user types "#inc" then a popup window will com and display all include files. Your idea is to add as a menu item.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@kcvinu I think is not possible :unsure:, I am not sure but I think the events when "the little keyword selector appears" and "when a hotkey is pressed" differ, SciTE natively handles the first event (keyword elector) whereas the hotkey can trigger various command

I am not that advanced yet :P, You might want to do huge amount of research or consult Jos personally to help.

That is all I can say, TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I am trying and trying and trying and endless trying. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@TheDcoder, what i mean is, if user types "#inc" then a popup window will com and display all include files. Your idea is to add as a menu item.

I'm not sure that's even possible in SciTE. It would have to have a complete list of all possible include files, or read from a folder to get a list of them. You could try and program that yourself, but it's not something SciTE does natively.

What's in scite isn't intellisense as much as it is keeping track of calltips and variable/function names.

You could always look for anyone that's already done the work for you by Googling it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH , i have made a tool for pasting include file name. But i am trying to detect kepresses in SciTE. So that i can automatically display a list of file names.

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

I have been playing with the idea of an AutoComplete for the #Include statement and have some basics working.
Have a play with this after applying the following changes:

1. Download the attached LUA files "SmartAutoCompleteHide.lua" and "AutoItAutoComplete.lua" and replace the originals
  2. Download the attached includes.txt and save that in the Scite\API directory.
  3. Change these 2 lines in au3.properties:
autocomplete.au3.start.characters=$(chars.alpha)$(chars.numeric)$_@#<>
word.characters.$(au3)=$(chars.alpha)$(chars.numeric)$(chars.accented).$_@#<>

The includes,txt file contains the available files the will be presented and the will be shown after you type the < character.

Jos

includes.txt

SmartAutoCompleteHide.lua

AutoItAutoComplete.lua

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos I just play some with this.

I type:

#include <

and nothing happend.

So i try few other times .. and after pressing CTRL+ENTER .... I get a list of UDF but only this which are used in au3 file which I use (actually working on).

edit: I guess I doing something wrong - what I'm doing wrong ?

EDIT 2:
I looked in lua script and now I see

#include<

not

#include <

Conclusion: do not use space before < char if you want to use this feautre

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I just edit my post and showing to your post :)

EDIT:
@Jos THIS IS AWESOME FEATURE :cheer::cheer:

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Can you add also the same feature for USER includes ?
I mean to read also this file:
"c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\UserIncludes.txt" 

?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

The changes I made where just to demonstrate an option we have for this. 
In case we want to pursue this option we just need to figure out how to properly create the includes.txt, which actually should be pretty easy by just listing all includes found in the directories defined for "openpath.$(au3)=" or use the Registry setting.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok.
So lets see what ohters say.

Thanks.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos Thanks for this feature. I just copied some file names from my user defined include directory to the text file. We need to make this text file automatically get file names from both include directory. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

I think I am going to make the generation of the includes.txt file a feature of SciTEConfig.au3. In there, you can change the directories AutoIt3 looks for, so it should be easy to have that generate the file containing all possible include files. 
The location for the file will also need to change to the SCITE_USERHOME directory to avoid issues with saving the file.

Ahhh, the power of annoying the crap out of people.  Who knew?

:think: 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos That's great. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

Nope, but there are  some scripts around that will create a extra docked menu to do this.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have seen a udf for creating extra toolbar for scite. But it lacks stop button. It only contains Run, Compile, Help buttons. And we can't control the size of the buttons. Personaly i prefer big toolbar buttons. And i think that stuff is not suited as an UDF. It should be added to SciTE core. I mean the creator can do that well. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

I have heard a story in my child hood. I think sharing that story in this context is very suitable. This is the story.

Oneday A visted B. When A arrived B's house, servant came and said. "Sir, my master is praying to God1.". Then A said. "Ok" And he dig a small trunch in the yard. After a few minutes, A agin called the servant. THis time servant said. "Sir, my master is praying to God2.". Then A digged a second trunch near to the first trunch. This happens for a few times. After 2 hours, A digged 9 trunches in B's yard. Suddenly B appeard and ask to A, "Oh you were waiting for me ?, and what is this trunches ?, what do you mean ?". Then A replied. "I am trying to dig a well. But you see this, none of them have water." Then B Said. " What a fool are you ?. You should have dig one trunch instead of 9. Then you should have get the water." Then A said to B " This is what i want to tell you. You should have prayed to one god, then you will get the blessings now. 

So this was the story. In same manner, a few coders made their own scite here. None of them are complete. I mean they have so many inefficiencies. I think if they should formed a team then they can develep a complete ide for autoit. like the well in this story

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic