20-9-2015: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.6.0 release.

Jos

That makes it sound like you are frustrated with my answers while I am just providing you my honest feedback based on my experience, 

I apologize for my inappropriate way of expressing my own thoughts.

I was thinking: In the meantime, I have a lot of other tasks. So I come back to them.
I hope that I ever come back to this my idea.
Thank you for your feedback.
ps.
I do not feel flustrtated. Rather more pleased. Why? Because your response was not denying in its entirety. Which means that there is space for action. Of course, not necessarily now.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

S4AU3 have setup lexer for HMTL , but how to setup the same lexer for MHT files ?

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers

The file extensions are defined in the xxx/properties files.
When you want to associate the html lexer with mht files, you simply check the html.properties file and add the extension.
Often you can find additional propertied files on the SciTE website, where people publish the correct settings for keywords and API.

Jos  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I start to using "Mark all" + "Search only in this style [5]"
I want to Mark all occurances of "Return" statement but only in code (not in comment), and I see that SciTE mark also other styles.

Is it intended behavior ? or is it a Bug in Scintilla ?

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

I start to using "Mark all" + "Search only in this style [5]"
I want to Mark all occurances of "Return" statement but only in code (not in comment), and I see that SciTE mark also other styles.

Is it intended behavior ? or is it a Bug in Scintilla ?

mLipok

I see indeed that the Style selection only seems to work for a regular search, not the mark all. 
Try the standard SciTE build to see if that works to determine whether it is a merge goof-up by me or standard behavior.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded a new Beta SciTE.exe/SciLexer.dll which is the merge of the just released 2.62 version.
Please give it a good spin as this is now compiled with VC++ 2015 and want to ensure nothing got broken.

Thanks,
Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I see indeed that the Style selection only seems to work for a regular search, not the mark all. Try the standard SciTE build to see if that works to determine whether it is a merge goof-up by me or standard behavior.

I rename:

"..\AutoIt3\SciTE\"..\AutoIt3\SciTE4AutoIt\
"..\AutoIt3\SciTE-AutoIt3Installer\" > "..\AutoIt3\SciTE\

Checked again.

Result:
standard SciTE works correctly.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Don't test with the Lite version on SciTE4AutpOut3 as that is based on the same source, but an couple of version behind as Jon doesn't recompile with each beta.
A proper test is with the binary Neil publishes, which is the base code I use to merge our SciTE version.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So I just used:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/SciTE/3.6.2/wscite362.zip/download

But when I try to use Search feature then no Find Dialog appears, instead I see a small tool bar in the bottom of SciTE, and can not find a way to select "style" feature.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

:)  understand...   It is way more difficult than it looks ...isn't it?  ;)

This is due to the customization I have made in the SciTEGlobal.properties. so all you need to do is copy the official files (SciTE.exe and Scilexer.dll) into you current setup.
I just tried it myself and it seems to be broken in the same way.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Now I see.
So it seams that the change was made by Neil.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

So I must dig in ;)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Just uploaded a new Beta SciTE.exe/SciLexer.dll which is the merge of the just released 2.62 version.
Please give it a good spin as this is now compiled with VC++ 2015 and want to ensure nothing got broken.

Thanks,
Jos

First used is OK,

so as usual, new version of Visual Studio increase executable size !!!

I just notice that 3.62 changed behavior in Foreground/Background color for selected text.
Finally behavior for Alpha is really Background , because before this was like Layer.

SciTEConfig_2.thumb.png.3fb077d1d5d50f69

Any way, for now currently It seams that 3.62 works ok.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I want to notice that I can't run SciTE.exe 3.6.2 on WinXP Pro SP3

I get inf "Acces denied" , of course SciTE4AutoIt3 v 2015-09-25 works correctly

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Could you try this version on WinXp SP3 to see if that works?

Thanks
Jos

Confirmed as FIXED

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic