runwait versus run

ESelick

Hi

I need some help with run and runwait.

I first used runwait() to start Visual Basic and setup some hotkeys that stayed live as long as I keep VB open. This was great; everything was working fine and I needed some problems. I decided that it would be nice to send some intialization keys and text when VB started up in order to open the correct project - class etc.

It seemed that runwait() stopped the script too soon so I changed to run() and then controlled the timming with WinWaitActive and WinWaitClose(). This worked fine for the startup events, but the autoit script is finishing prematurely and I'm losing the original hotkeys when I start other applications.

Is there anyway of using runwait() to really stop autoit from exiting and still be able to start the application and THEN send some initial autoit commands? How can I use run and then runwait for the same instance of the application. Or is there some other way of getting both the hotkey and initial startup commands.

Thanks a bunch

Elliot B)

• Developers

$H_Pgm=Run("Your Program")
Winwait("The program title") ; Wait till program is started
;Do initial sent stuff
ControlSend()  ; sent info to a control
While ProcessExists($H_Pgm)
    sleep(10)
WEnd
; DO stuff after program terminaed

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi

I need some help with run and runwait.

I first used runwait() to start Visual Basic and setup some hotkeys that stayed live as long as I keep VB open. This was great; everything was working fine and I needed some problems. I decided that it would be nice to send some intialization keys and text when VB started up in order to open the correct project - class etc.

It seemed that runwait() stopped the script too soon so I changed to run() and then controlled the timming with WinWaitActive and WinWaitClose(). This worked fine for the startup events, but the autoit script is finishing prematurely and I'm losing the original hotkeys when I start other applications.

Is there anyway of using runwait() to really stop autoit from exiting and still be able to start the application and THEN send some initial autoit commands? How can I use run and then runwait for the same instance of the application. Or is there some other way of getting both the hotkey and initial startup commands.

Thanks a bunch

Elliot B)

Elliot,

Post your code so we can take a looksy. my initial response would be, "yes, probably though the efficient use of a while loop". Unfortunately, I cannot create a while loop for you until i see your code.

also, the Autoit Miracle Coders do well when they see your code, so that will help you out as well.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

$H_Pgm=Run("Your Program")
Winwait("The program title"); Wait till program is started
;Do initial sent stuff
ControlSend()  ; sent info to a control
While ProcessExists($H_Pgm)
    sleep(10)
WEnd
; DO stuff after program terminaed
Cool, I will give it a spin and get back to you.

I just keep on thinking of new ways to glue together my computing world with autoit.

Thanks

Elliot B)