IE.au3, iFrame / ASPnet form not populating data

Hey All,

It has been awhile but I came across another issue I am having and now I need to try and narrow it down to a realistic resolution. So far from what I have seen it is very likely I will have to use iFrame as it is able to identify

The HTML code I am working with is this currently

;only frame on webpage
<iframe title="Page Viewer" frameborder="0" 
id="MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2" 
name="MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2" width="100%" height="100%"
(left off remaing frame as its proprietary company src)

;elements I am trying to interact with just a few
<input name="txtApps" type="text" maxlength="500" 
id="txtApps" class="tbStyle" style="width:540px;">

Now the code I have tried so far is a vast majority of attempts to which non have succeeded in being able to read from the GUI I created and paste the information to the corresponding fields. The Console reports errors on InvalidDataType and NoMatch for the names. Only solution on the names I have found is using the below but I still cannot get the property / obj to proceed.

Local $oIE = _IECreate("work.aspx")
            $o_frame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE)
            Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_frame, "form1",-1)
            Local $oFormapplication = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "txtApps", -1)
            _IEPropertySet($oFormapplication,"innertext",GuiCtrlRead($appinput))

The initial error I get with this is....

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEPropertySet, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

When I use 

Local $oFormerror = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "txtError")
            _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormerror, GuiCtrlRead($errorinput))

I get 

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEGetObjById, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch (txtError)
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

I have tried _IEGetObjByName and I get the same results as above. The only way I do not get a NoMatch is by doing the _IEFormGetObjByName which still does not allow me to change the data or write the data to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Hope this is enough detail to work off of. 

Summed up we have a create your own ticket website internally and I added a UI for specific centers we work out of to reduce errors on when they submit tickets so our help desk sends the correct ones :)

here is your problem:

$o_frame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE)
Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_frame, "form1",-1)

Hint: Why you are using Collection of Frame objects as a parameter for 

_IEFormGetObjByName ( ByRef $oObject, $sName [, $iIndex = 0] )

where 

$oObjectObject variable of an InternetExplorer.Application, Window or Frame object

Hint2: Try to get one object instead collection. 

btw.
Welcome to the forum. (hmm.... Now I see my mistake 1 is your actual like count .....)

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Thanks for the input, I have tried that and I get the same results Just reducing out $0_frame to 

Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "form1",-1)
            _IEPropertySet($oFormapplication,"innertext",GuiCtrlRead($appinput))

I dont get an issue with NoMatch but it will not allow me to input my data I still get 

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEPropertySet, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

Also changing the propertyset to formelementset same results

_IEFormElementSetValue($oFormapplication,GuiCtrlRead($appinput))

I also get --> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

How you think which exactly form you are getting here:

First, last , or -1 ?

Did you check what -1 mean ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

heh I was using that for frames originally and didn't pull that out and that is when i noticed it didn't return a name mismatch so i figured it was identifying it properly but couldn't write it. If i pull it and leave it at the default of 0 it returns NoMatch.

Also -1 says collection.

On iFrames -1 (Collection) 0 default, which collection reports no issue but default reports NoMatch.

that being said I still return

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch

When using 

Local $oFormapplication = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "txtApps")

So I am pretty much at a loss to populating the fields directly.

Also when I use 

Local $oFrame1 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE,"MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2")

I receive 

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3" (930) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Local $oCol = $oObject.document.forms.item($sName)
Local $oCol = $oObject^ ERROR

I think if the Iframegetobjbyname would work I wouldn't have an issue but I am getting that error so I am unsure off hand as I haven't really dabbled into IE focus much right now :(

Literally starting school in October to go for an associates in software development to help me along with this side projects for work so while in school I may improve myself enough there with all of this too >.>

ok show what you have now.

(Edit: I mean your last script snippet)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Local $oIE = _IECreate("url")
            Local $oFrame0 = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE)
            Local $oFrame1 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE,"MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2")
            Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($oFrame1, "form1")
            Local $oFormapplication = _IEFormGetObjByName($oFormIE, "txtApps")

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3" (930) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Local $oCol = $oObject.document.forms.item($sName)
Local $oCol = $oObject^ ERROR

This gives this error.

The other version I keep trying to get to work is without frames.

Local $oIE = _IECreate("url")
            Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "form1")
            Local $oFormapplication = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "txtApps")

This gives me 

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

in the console. I am able to alternate FormIE out or as the variable first on formgetobjbyname and it still presents the same way nomatch and invaliddatatype.

Hope this clears up what I have been stuck on. everywhere I look suggests to use Xpath and what not but I know that is beyond me as i tried that and i struggle to make heads or tails of the UDF. I imagine its amazing but without having a remote Idea as to functionality i think ill break something over fixing it lol. Sorry for the long delay too on the response other job functions take priority this is more for showcasing a solution to an issue if i can get it working right :)

You can try this:

;~ https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/177493-ieau3-iframe-aspnet-form-not-populating-data/

#cs
    ;only frame on webpage
    <iframe title="Page Viewer" frameborder="0"
    id="MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2"
    name="MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2" width="100%" height="100%"
    (left off remaing frame as its proprietary company src)

;elements I am trying to interact with just a few
    <input name="txtApps" type="text" maxlength="500"
    id="txtApps" class="tbStyle" style="width:540px;">
#ce

#include <ie.au3>

_Example()
_Example2()
_Example3()

Func _Example()
    Local $oFrames_coll = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE)
    For $oFrame_enum In $oFrames_coll
        If $oFrame_enum.title = "Page Viewer" Then

; where your HTML snippet showing Form named "form1"
            ; why you Trying to search Form Collection ?
            ; Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_frame, "form1", -1)

; "txtApps" is not Form
            ; _IEFromGetObjByName: Description says: "Returns an object reference to a Form by name"
            ; Local $oFormapplication = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "txtApps", -1)

; for this function HelpFile says:
            ; _IEPropertySet($oFormapplication,"innertext",GuiCtrlRead($appinput))
            ; $oObject Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application
            ; Do you want To set entire text of whole WebPage ?

; or just For this following input element
            Local $oInput_TxtApps = _IEGetObjByName($oFrame_enum, 'txtApps')
            If @error Then ; if the first element was NOT found
                Return 0
            Else ; if the first element was found
                _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput_TxtApps,'SOME NEW TEXT')
                Return 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Func _Example2()
    If @error then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)

Local $oInputs_coll = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE,'input')

For $oInput_enum In $oInputs_coll
        If StringInStr($oInput_enum.outertext,'<input name="txtApps" type="text"') Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput_enum,'SOME NEW TEXT')

Return 1
        EndIf
    Next

Return 0

EndFunc

Func _Example3()

Local $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "MSOPageViewerWebPart_WebPartWPQ2")

Local $oInput = _IEGetObjByName($oFrame, "txtApps")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oInput,'SOME NEW TEXT')

Return 1
EndFunc

Edited by mLipok
CS CE fixed

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

replacing the url to the URL for our site it reports back

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ie.au3" (1875) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
If IsObj($oObject.document.GetElementsByName($sName).item($iIndex)) Then
If IsObj($oObject^ ERROR

None of the sites populated any input.

See what I mean, my head is being demolished by this as we have a lot of other internal sites I am able to do no issues with just a standard _IEFormElementSetValue just this site is off the walls for me :/ It is also the only 1 I am using that I saw iFrames on. Lots of Javascript on it and below is the document type listed below. Not sure if that is a factor but from what I gathered it has an issue hitting the document library.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Try to play with this:

Security setting.
Trusted site.
Compabilty mode.

btw.
The other sites was also XHTML ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Ya we have quite a few internal sites, the main counterpart I am looking at has interactive inputs and I am able to code to all of its inputs. It does however not use frames. It also doesnt start by hiding fields which this other 1 starts with a whole bunch of Hidden inputs that I dont see anywhere on the page so I assume its login information from our domain. They both use aspnetForm but the 1 I can code to shows aspnetForm.Form1 where the one I cannot shows just as aspnetForm no . or followed information maybe like the input types are assumed and not recorded maybe? I know the site has 2 forms aspnetForm then within the body of the site is form1 which is where all the inputs I am trying to code in are. I am going to get back to playing with it again and see if i can get a result :)

I am going to get back to playing with it again and see if i can get a result :)

Good luck, and back with the succesfull story.

btw I hope my 3 examples (not tested) from post #8 was helpfull for you (in any way).

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Found my solution. I went directly to the resources and found the form is actually a separate page posted into it.... >.> So it posts no issues into that page.

Local $oIE = _IECreate("zGeneralRequest.aspx")
            Local $oFormIE = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "form1")
            Local $oFormapplication = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "txtApps")

basically what I wanted to do was valid just pointed into the wrong resource. >.> Been going at this 1 for days never thought to check about the main page to submit this from.

Edited by tweakster2010
code used that works

Good to hear.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler