morganlove

Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

Hi.  did you ever get around this problem?  I'm facing it now.

thanks

On 22/09/2015 at 8:28 PM, morganlove said:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

According to the help file you need to provide userid/password in the URL:

To use a username and password when connecting simply prefix the servername with "username:password@", e.g.
"http://myuser:mypassword@www.somesite.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gahhon
      I have a application that have a function is to create a shortcut to desktop, lets say is ChromePortable.lnk.
      $iCreate = FileCreateShortcut($DIR_WA_FOLDER & '\GoogleChromePortable.exe', $DIR_SHORTCUT, $DIR_WA_FOLDER, '--kiosk "https://example.com/"') So the shortcut will be launch as kiosk mode and force to enter the specific website. However, the user is still able to right-click on the shortcut and modify the target value to remove the kiosk mode. What can I do to disable the user to editing the target value?
      So far, I had asked and tried from SuperUser for advises Disable Shortcut Target Field
      icacls "ChromePortable.lnk" /GRANT EVERYONE:RX So this will set the permission of this shortcut file to only Read & Execute only! But after I set it, the user is still can modify.
      Please kindly advise.
      Please note and assume that user don't have Administration account or etc, that should be only have 1 account to logon to the computer.

EDIT:
      I must disable inheritance to remove all others permissions like SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS, etc. Then only GRANT everyone for READ & EXECUTE only.
      But still the user can go to edit the permissions tho. Any advise?
    • By Jemboy
      Hi,
      At work we have some proprietary website, users have to login to.
      I have "made" an autoit executable to start IE, go the website, login, so the user do not have input their credentials every time.
      By NDA I am not allowed disclosed the URL of the website nor the login credentials
      So I made a fake website and an autoitscript to illustrate my question.
      #include <ie.au3> $oIE = _IECreate ("about:blank", 0, 1, 1, 1) $HWND = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") WinActivate ($HWND,"") WinSetState($HWND, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://demo.rkilinc.nl",1) The above start my demo website. The actual website has some links in the footer that I do not want most people click on.
      I contacted the developers of the website and they are thinking of making an option to configure what links to show in the footer, but they said it's not a high priority for them.

I discovered, that by click F12 and deleting the <footer> element the footer is delete from the live page view (until the page is reloaded off course)
      I want to automate the removal of the footer, without using things like send().
      I tried getting the footer with _IEGetObjById and deleting it with _IEAction, but that didn't work.
      Does any one has an idea how I could delete the footer directly from view with an autoit script?
      TIA, Jem.

• By ur
      When I compiled my script or any script to exe using 32 bit compiler and ran on 32 bit machine, I am getting below error.

But it is 32 bit only.

And, for testing, I disabled smart screen also, but same issue.
      Please suggest.

• By sadakathullah
      Hi All, I am new to AutoIT and exploring options to use it in my organization. I tried couple of examples and it is fantastic. I am trying to run restrictions test in a pc to see if certain options are disabled like print screen, mstsc etc. I could not get a hang of it. Any help is much appreciated.
    • By TLAM
      Hello,
      I am working on an autoIT script for CyberArk which is running Internet Explorer and connecting the user to a web application.
      For an unknown reason (I cannot explain why), IE has some trouble to start, only after a long disconnecting period (morning or after lunch). If he tries again, no problem, IE starts.
      I open a case with CyberArk but I am also searching a workaround, I thought to kill the process directly, or set a timeout with _IELoadWait but the process is not really created..

May do you have any ideas for helping me ?

Thanks in advance