Automate GUI based installation - deployed via tool

mohan93

Hi Guys,

Please suggest idea for below scenario. I need to automate (Symantec Cleanwipe.exe) GUI based installation (using button click or any other method)

But we are going to deploy this EXE via SCCM or any other deployment tool to Client machines.

1. EXE deployed to Client machines have to start automatically. 

2. Click required buttons automatically and finish install. 

Which method i can go for, please suggest.

Thanks,

• Moderators

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to inflict the pain of Cleanwipe on your end users by subjecting them to the GUI, rather than just running it silently? I've deployed silently through both Altiris and SCCM, and it works just fine; you can find the command line switches on Symantec's website. The it is just a matter of:

ShellExecuteWait("CleanWipe.exe", "/command switches")

Cleanwipe is hard-coded for a reboot afterward (at least, last revision I worked with). I do not believe there is a way of getting around that with a switch.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 4 years later...

; Configures AutoIt to find a search term in any part of the window title
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

;Launch the Epic LWS Editor
Run(@ScriptDir & "\CleanWipe.exe")
Sleep(1000)
Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "CleanWipe", 5)
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")            ; Click on the "Next" button
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")            ; Click on the "Accept" checkbox
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")            ; Click on the "Next" button
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")            ; Click on the "Client Software" checkbox
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:6]")            ; Click on the "Next" button
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")            ; Click on the "Do not prompt for reboot" button
Sleep(1000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:8]")            ; Click on the last "Next" button (which starts the cleanwipe)
Sleep(1000)

Exit

• Moderators

@RickLucken did you happen to notice this post is over 4 years old? Please do not resurrect old threads; I doubt the OP is still eagerly awaiting an answer.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 4 months later...