Need help to Launch Dell iDRAC Virtual Console window

perlabsrat

Hello,

I am trying to automate the opening of a virtual console window via the Dell iDRAC. (Using  AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2)

I have a semi-working project but I am stumped and very much a web n00b....

After a user logs on, you will see 3 links on the upper right of the screen (Settings,Refresh, and Launch)

01_Launch_Link.thumb.jpg.0ee2a318976772a

When I click this by hand the new virtual console opens up without any warnings as normal.

However when I try to automate this with autoit, once I click the Launch link the dreaded IE "Information Bar" security warning pops up..

03_Infobar.thumb.jpg.8b63b1f0e998908e6d5

Through code I am able to click this bar, and then send("d") for download but when I do that the session logs me off and even if I stop the code and manually click "Download File" this fails as well so I assume there is something in the way that I am doing the initial Launch link click. I don't understand why there is different behavior doing is manual vs automation.

02_download_link.thumb.jpg.7adf10fc91bc3

sysSummaryData.htm

In IE the IP was added to the trusted sites list but that made no difference. Any ideas?

#include <IE.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

; attach to the open window already logged on
    Dim $oIE = _IEAttach("- iDRAC7 - Summary - Windows Internet Explorer", "windowtitle")

Local $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "da") ; get the main frame
    Local $oFrame2 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrame, "help") ; get the nested frame

$oLink = _IEGetObjById($oFrame2, "rmt_cons_prv_launch_lbl")  ; this works
    ;    $oLink = _IEGetObjById($oFrame2, "remoteConLaunch_link") ; or this works
    _IEAction($oLink, "click")

Local $title = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title")
    WinActivate($title)

Local $Check1 = WinWait($title, "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from", 10)
    If $Check1 <> 0 Then ; Verify the Info Bar is displayed
        ControlClick($title, "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1; ID:37425]", "left", 1, 1, 1)
        Sleep(4000) ; rest a moment for the pop up

Send("d") ; we blow up here when we try to 'Download File'

EndIf

I have included a sample of the view source where the quick Launch code seems to fire from as an attachment but here is a snip:

<div id="remotewithbutton" class="quick_launch">
                            <ul>
                            <li>
                                <a id ="consoleCfg_link" href="#" onclick="QuickLaunch('consoleCfg')" class="task">
                                    <span id="rmt_cons_prv_settings_lbl"></span>
                                </a>
                            </li>
                            <li>
                                <a id="refreshPrv_link" href="#" onclick="onLoadConsolePrevImage(1);" class="task">
                                    <span id="rmt_cons_prv_refresh_lbl"></span>
                                </a>
                            </li>
                            <li>
                                <a id="remoteConLaunch_link" href="#" onclick="QuickLaunch('viewer');" class="task">
                                    <span id="rmt_cons_prv_launch_lbl"></span>
                                </a>
                            </li>
                            </ul>
                        </div>

sysSummaryData.htm

Edited by perlabsrat
Included graphics

I would try switching to a new browser (firefox or chrome) and modifying your code a bit or disabling or even temporarily disabling the internet security bar in IE and see what happens. I've seen some applications that can detect and prevent access from automated scripts.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I am trying to stick with IE if possible. How do you "temporarily disabling the internet security bar"? What steps in IE are you referring to?

I know there are some UDF's that work with Firefox, can you recommend one? Perhaps one that will not require a lot of code changes from the IE version?

Thanks...

I cant help you much on the changes from IE. FF3.udf (user defined function) is made to make it easier to integrate firefox into your script but its wildly different than ie. You'll have to google disabling the security toolbar.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html