Running interactive apps remotely

Shravank

Hello Everyone,

I have created an AutoIt script to run an installation wizard which reads parameters from input file and completes wizard based installation process.

Now, I would like to run this program remotely from a machine: 

- Connect to remote machine (may not in same doamin)

- Copy the script.exe and input file to the remote machine

- Run the script.exe and complete as per input file (this exe runs installation wizard of an another exe)

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

SKKumar

• Moderators

Hi, Shravank, welcome to the forum. You state this is interactive - is the installation silent, or are you trying to use MouseClicks to press the various buttons during the installation? If you are running it silently, you should be able to use PSEXEC to copy the files over and run them, or place the necessary files on a network share where the computer can access them.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for the reply JLogan3o13.

The installation is not silent. It uses mouse clicks during the installation process, hence requires the installation wizards to be visible in the remote machine.

And, how do i copy the input files on to the remote machine?

• Moderators

If you are using psexec there is an option to copy files to the remote machine before execution. As for the installation, without knowing the application you're installing all I can suggest is that you look into the Control commands for automating the GUI. There are also a number of threads on the forum which deal with the difficulties of automating a GUI on a remote machine. You might look into one of the freeware software repackaging tools, so you can turn it into a silent install.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Looks I am not clear in posting my question.

I have successful automated installation process of the product with GUI. Thanks to AutoIT. This AutoIT script (.exe) finds my product exe and  completes installation process. No issues when I run this on my workstation.

Now, I want to copy this AutoIt EXE and my product EXE to a remote machine and the run.

I understand, using psexec, I can copy AutoIT EXE to remote machine and run.

Now my question is, how to copy my product to EXE to remote machine(which may require credentials) before the psexec command tries to run AutoIT exe ?

Thanks in Advance.