Magnifier over objects magnified

I know the rules, don't ask for people to write your script for you.. i just need a nudge in the right direction or just tell me if it's not possible.  Here's the skinny, I have an application that shows maps of different areas.  I need to have four areas displayed on the screen, the problem I have is the window isn't laid out well to manipulate the window(s) to easily display the maps.  My thoughts are if i can have each map where it can be seen then map out the coordinates to a "magnification tool" of some sort and re-display it in it's on GUI quartered out on the screen with the "screwed" up maps in the background as there is only one monitor hooked to these computers.  I have been unable to find much on something like this, except for an old post referring to an iGZoom which I think was from back in 2005 and I haven't been able to find anything else on it.  If have performed multiple search queries so I figured I would go ahead and ask the experts.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Check out OnTopReplica. I believe it will suit your needs. https://ontopreplica.codeplex.com

Some notable features:

Advance > Click-forwarding - Allows you to interact with applications using OnTopReplica's Overlay.

Select Region > The Green + Button - Allows you to store the Region on a per app basis. This lets you quickly magnify to the proper coordinates. (Don't forget to press Enter before click done when naming the region.)

Position Lock - Allows you to quickly lock OnTopReplica to a corner or center of your screen.

Hope this helps. I really love this program. I can watch youtube videos or hulu using chrome in the background while I play dota 2. Got the regions saved. I just have to manually set opacity (transparency) and enable Advance > Click-Through which allows the OnTopReplica's Overlay to pass input to the app below it. When I play dota, I can still click on buttons the overlay is covering up using this option. Very useful.