Sign in to follow this  
ViciousXUSMC

_ReplaceStringInFile() RegEx version?

I was working on something last night and decided to use StringRegExpReplace() for a config file, I never noticed that you cant just "overwrite" the file with the update so easily it required a few more pieces of code to work properly.

Is this the simplest way (what I used) and while I searched for it and did not find it do we have or will we have a RegEx equivalent for _ReplaceStringInFile()?

$sFile = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\test.txt")
$hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\test.txt", 2)
$sNewContent = StringRegExpReplace($sFile, "(test)", "new$1")
FileWrite($hFile, $sNewContent)
FileClose($hFile)

The simplest way IS the current _ReplaceStringInFile() , which uses a StringReplace along with all the needed error checkings and options
Using a regex would not make it simpler  :)

What I am asking is if you need regex, is what I posted above account for the simplest way to accomplish the same task but with regex capability.  

My config file did not have a static string, it has varying length and values so I needed regex to ensure capture/replacement (IP Address + NIC Adapter)

Just making sure there was not a function I did not know about or some tip/trick.

I did not like the idea of having to run FileRead() and FileOpen() feels redundant.  

It's not redundant !
Did you have a look at the _ReplaceStringInFile func in File.au3 ? if you open a file in read mode (as FileRead does) you must close it and reopen to write inside it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By levila
      Hi guys, really need your help. How can i check every 5 min if my text file include String "Markus". Btw i need this function to run on my Logs file that are updated whenever some event is triggered (logs appear in same txt file). So i did test some codding to test isit possible.
      But somehow, it only detect for the 1st time String check, and keep coming the same output every time, it didnt check/read on the current txt file that has been updated.
      For this purpose i update txt file manually so i put String "Markus" and check, and try to remove it agn.
      Here is my code:

$file = FileOpen("c:\hello.txt", 0) $read = FileRead($file) func _CheckString() If StringInStr($read, "Markus") Then $position = StringInStr($read, "Markus") MsgBox(0,"","Alert Found - Logs Line No "&$position, 5) FileClose($file) Else MsgBox(0,"","No Alert found", 5) FileClose($file) EndIf EndFunc $Mins = 0.5 ; i change to fewer min for testing purpose $Timer = TimerInit() While 1 If TimerDiff($Timer) > ($Mins * 60000) Then ; count per minute multiplied by 60sec. _CheckString() ConsoleWrite("30 Sec have passed!" & @CRLF) ; console to see if its running. $Timer = TimerInit() EndIf WEnd  
    • By ni3dprint
      Hi folks, 
      Thank you so much in advance for your help!  I've been using AUTOIT for manipulating gcode.  So far I've just worked through the excellent help examples and although I'm sure the resulting code is clumsy it has functioned  
      However now I'm trying to improve and advance things and I've stumbled across REGEX.. and I'm a bit stuck.  What I would like to be able to do is to 'move'/'transform' the gcode in a file and re-write it to a new file.  I only need to move it in one direction(X).  At the heart of this I need a script to extract all the X values and then ADD or SUBTRACT an adjustment factor to transform and rewrite the code accordingly.
      So far using an example script and an example input -
      Func Test2()
      Local $iMove = -4
          Local $sInput = '"G1 X45.036 Y6.934 F7800.000 G1 Z0.600 F7800.000 G1 F900 G1 X48.036 Y1.076 E0.58925"'
          Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, '(?<=[X])\d+.\d+', '\0')
          Display($sInput, $sOutput)
      EndFunc   ;==>Test2
      This identifies the correct values i.e 45.036 and 48.036 but is there a way to dyamically adjust them before they are replaced, by for example a factor of -4 ($iMove above).  So far I can't seem to do math on the '\0' value i.e '\0'+ -4 ?
      Many thanks for your time and expertise!

• By genius257
      Inspired by PHP's preg_split.
      Split string by a regular expression.
      Also supports the same flags as the PHP equivalent.
      v1.0.1

Example:
      #include "StringRegExpSplit.au3" StringRegExpSplit('splitCamelCaseWords', '(?<=\w)(?=[A-Z])') ; ['split', 'Camel', 'Case', 'Words']  
    • By jmp
      i am trying to get number from string using this code :
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE = _IEAttach ("Edu.corner") Local $aName = "Student name & Code:", $iaName = "0" Local $oTds = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") For $oTd In $oTds If $oTd.InnerText = $aName Then $iaName = $oTd.NextElementSibling.InnerText $iGet = StringRegExpReplace($iaName, "\D", "") EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", $iGet) it was get number like 52503058
      But, I want to get only student code 5250. (Different student have different code, sometime its 3 digits, Sometime 4)

• By BlueBandana
      Is there a way to output the regex matches into a file?
      I have a script to compare two files and check for regex matches.
      I want to output the matching regex of 'testexample.txt' to another file.
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> $Read = FileReadToArray("C:\Users\admin\Documents\testexample.txt") $Dictionary = FileReadToArray("C:\Users\admin\Documents\example.txt") For $p = 0 To UBound($Dictionary) - 1 Step 1 $pattern = $Dictionary[$p] For $i = 0 To UBound($Read) - 1 Step 1 $regex = $Read[$i] If StringRegExp($regex, $pattern, 0) Then MsgBox(0, "ResultsPass", "The string is in the file, highlighted strings: " ) Else MsgBox(0, "ResultsFail", "The string isn't in the file.") EndIf Next Next