Looking for SMS UDF

Is there an SMS UDF that does not use smtp? I have been using one made by Disabled Monkey for about 3 weeks. Was working great, but now I'm getting a delay of like 10-15 minutes. How can I avoid smtp and use real SMS? Does it exist yet in this community?

When I use the sms from Disabled Monkey I get the text immediately. Gmail offers internet to phone network. What would send the signal if there isn't a sending device somewhere in the mix? You can manipulate the sending and receiving response times in your smtp client to speed this up. I wonder if you could just interface with the Google Voice interface. Im not sure if it uses smtp to send and receive. 

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

When I use the sms from Disabled Monkey I get the text immediately. Gmail offers internet to phone network. What would send the signal if there isn't a sending device somewhere in the mix? You can manipulate the sending and receiving response times in your smtp client to speed this up. I wonder if you could just interface with the Google Voice interface. Im not sure if it uses smtp to send and receive. 

Ya I was considering testing google voice, like this UDF here. But I couldn't get it to work. Let me know if you can. Wait.. I read that one of the cons of smtp is that it doesn't work both-ways. Your  able to receive text messages back on your gmail? I am using gmail smtp too. But for some reason I'm getting really long delays right now. Never had that problem.

Edit: I don't see the settings you can input for gmail smtp. Where can you adjust the times for sending and receiving?

Edit: Well I'm receiving messages within 5 seconds. No delays now. Not sure what was happening there. Could that be something on google's end?

Edited by element72

I've only written a script with Disabled Monkeys SMS.UDF where I would ping computers in a network and if the ping failed I would get a text. It worked perfectly. I never tried to send a text to the script. Is this what you are trying to do?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I've only written a script with Disabled Monkeys SMS.UDF where I would ping computers in a network and if the ping failed I would get a text. It worked perfectly. I never tried to send a text to the script. Is this what you are trying to do?

No, I'm sending text to my phone for notification. Same as you.

Edited by element72

10 - 15 minutes? That seems so long. You're using a gmail account correct? Is there anything else in the mix like you're using Microsoft outlook to send mail.

As I said before, everything is fine now. I'm not sure why that was happening. I didn't do anything. I feel like something was going on with Google's or ATT's servers. Just a guess.