Help with a 'For...Next' function?

Hey guys, hope you all are doing well

i have this piece of code: 

Local $oAs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a")

For $oA In $oAs
$sNumber1 = Execute("$oA.attributes.getNamedItem")
$sNumber2 = Execute("$oA.attributes.getNamedItem")
$sNumber3 = Execute("$oA.attributes.getNamedItem")
$sNumber4 = Execute("$oA.attributes.getNamedItem")
Next

$sNumber1 = "Example1"
$sNumber2 = "Example2"
$sNumber3 = "Example3"
$sNumber4 = "Example4"

For $oA = $sNumber1 To $sNumber4 Step 1
    Sleep(2000)
    _IEAction($oA, "click")
Next

and i'd like to click this attributes one after another and for every one clicked i want to stop for 2 seconds... my problem is at the 'For...Next' function. Can anyone give a little help to my code?

A For statement using a "Step 1" increment is literally adding +1 to something.

Use an Array instead of a variable.

Something like...

Dim $sNumber[5] = [4, "Example1", "Example2", "Example3", "Example4"] ; Assign 5 values, 0 = our count that we want

For $i = 1 To $sNumber[0] ; $sNumber[0] = "4" which gives us our counter to go up to.
    MsgBox(0, "test", $sNumber[$i])
Next

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Thank you vey much for your help Damein. :thumbsup:

And should i go like this?

Dim $sNumber[5] = [4, "Example1", "Example2", "Example3", "Example4"] ; Assign 5 values, 0 = our count that we want

For $i = 1 To $sNumber[0] ; $sNumber[0] = "4" which gives us our counter to go up to.
    Sleep(5000)
    _IEAction($oA, "click")
Next

No, sorry I only created the For code to give an example how the statement works.

As for the IE functions I haven't really used much of them but I think you need to grab the objects and then assign them to an array.

Check out this quick script I added from the Help File to assign variables and hopefully it helps.

Global $Count = 0

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form")

Local $oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "input")
Dim $sTxt[1000] ; Assign an array to allow population. Assign this higher if the site has more than 1000 objects.

For $oInput In $oInputs
    $sTxt[$Count] = $oInput.type ; We are assigning each object to the array as we go
    $Count += 1 ; Add +1 to count so the above statement doesn't repeat itself
Next

For $i = 0 To $Count
    MsgBox(0, "Test", $sTxt[$i]) ; This is where you will add your clicks (I think, but like I said I don't use IE) but check out how it all functions to better help you understand the concepts.
Next

_IEQuit($oIE)

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Thank you vey much for your help Damein. :thumbsup:

And should i go like this?

Sleep(5000)
    _IEAction($oA, "click")
Next

For this example you don't need the $sNumber[0] element.  Instead, use Ubound($sNumber)-1 to get the upper boundary of the array less 1 for a zero based index.  Step 1 is the default increment for the loop so you would not need to include that unless you wanted the loop to increase by more than 1 (or a negative number if going backwards).  If you remove $sNumber[0]=4 from the array it would still run four times using this snippet ...

for $a=0 to Ubound($sNumber)-1 

next

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt